There are newer employer reviews for Guidewire

Great agile company with opportunity to travel, if that's your thing.

Current Employee - Senior Implementation Architect in Wellington (New Zealand)
Current Employee - Senior Implementation Architect in Wellington (New Zealand)

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Software development teams at the headquarters and satellite offices are committed to an agile and productive work environment needed to move rapidly on our well designed industry leading products, with clear management support.

Professional Services offers software development consultants the opportunity to travel the world and lead our insurance company customers to success, with agile methods that are typically new to them.

Cons

Challenging and demanding work environment that is typical for highly motivated agile teams. The constant innovation and change can be unnerving for some.

Those who sign up for a life of travel will need to be prepared for the personal and social inconveniences that this entails.

Maintain the focus on core values that make this company great.

314 Other Employee Reviews for Guidewire (View Most Recent)

Good place to work at

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The professional services organization is choc-a-block with competent professionals. New employees quickly get up to speed because they have a lot of one on one interaction with the more senior staff. You learn a lot and you learn it very quickly

Cons

Work-Life balance suffers because of the amount of travel you may need to do in the professional services organization.

Start Up feel in an established, joined up company

Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Guidewire as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Great leadership & management. An inclusive culture that gives a genuine voice to employees at all levels. Great products and a really strong value proposition as a business that adds real and tangible value to customers. Fantastic employees and a great sense of camaraderie. It is a joy & a privilege to work for a company that is on the cusp of greatness.

Cons

Honestly, there is nothing of significance that I would mention. Perhaps, Guidewire would consider relocating the Dublin office in my back yard so that I don't have to commute

Keep doing what you do