There are newer employer reviews for Guidewire

Guidewire employees look out for each other - What a blessing!

Current Employee - Worldwide Recruitment Business Partner  in  Foster City, CA
Current Employee - Worldwide Recruitment Business Partner in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Guidewire full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Teamwork - low politics - great bosses who support you - opportunity. A supportive environment where you can push the envelope and if you fail, it is a learning opportunity, but you pushed the limits. Marcus Ryu and our executive Management team. The people - everyone is someone I would buy lunch for and learn from. Hard work but we work together. And best of all, a REAL product that changes people's lives - our product helps insurance companies process claims in lightning speed - so those who hold policies are paid sooner, get back to their lives in record time, and get great customer service. This isn't vaporware. This is 100% about Customer Satisfaction.

Cons

Being a smaller company and covering 7+ time zones with 46% of our business outside the US - it is challenging. Incredibly challenging work - there is other company's expectations and pace, and then there is Guidewire's expectations. 150% use of your faculties all the time

All of our management works as hard or harder than we do, so I never feel like I am asked to do anything that is harder than their load. Keep up the great work. These are the 'good old days'.

268 Other Employee Reviews for Guidewire (View Most Recent)

Overall, a decent place to work.

Former Employee - Marketing Program Manager  in  Foster City, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Program Manager in Foster City, CA

I worked at Guidewire full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a very family-friendly company. Great flexibility with the expectation that you are getting your job done and delivering results.

Cons

Culture varies greatly by department and functional area. Lack of vision in the marketing department. Not at the head of the class. Great brand but needs more investment in marketing talent and resources to execute programs.

Create better career development opportunities for employees. Provide management training for the myriad of people joining the top ranks who need to learn how to play well with others.

Company feeling the heat of growing pains. If you are ambitious don't bother to join this company

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Foster City, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Foster City, CA

I worked at Guidewire full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good product, nice colleagues to work with, good work life balance.

Cons

Boring technology stack. It is partly due to the industry.

Company is growing and a lot of chop and change is happening right now. Job security is bad. Management is completely callous about its employees career interests. All that matters is its business interests and that is very evident from the utter disregard for its employees.

Top and Middle management is rude and dishonest. Be ready for a roller-coaster ride. Realignment happens all the time. What you do in actual job WILL BE different from what you were told during the interviews.

If you are ambitious about your career, don't join this company.

Be honest and transparent. Treat your employees well.

There are newer employer reviews for Guidewire

Worked for Guidewire? Contribute to the Community!