Guidewire

There are newer employer reviews for Guidewire

Open and Collaborative

Former Employee - Software Development Intern
Former Employee - Software Development Intern

I worked at Guidewire as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Excellent work environment, very intelligent and experienced software developers.Very collaborative and open culture

Cons

Not the most exciting products, but the work is still interesting.

328 Other Employee Reviews for Guidewire (View Most Recent)

It's good to work here

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I've been with Guidewire for over 2 years. Right from the beginning, the management here pretty much gave me lots of trust and let me handle things as long as I don't !@#$ up. I was given lots of opportunities to prove myself. After exactly 2 years, I got a promotion. They also pay for any education or certification that would help me in doing my job.

Cons

Salary is not as competitive as other software companies.

Pay attention and reward your most valuable employees. They will work harder when their contribution is recognized.

Guidewire employees look out for each other - What a blessing!

Current Employee - Worldwide Recruitment Business Partner in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Worldwide Recruitment Business Partner in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Teamwork - low politics - great bosses who support you - opportunity. A supportive environment where you can push the envelope and if you fail, it is a learning opportunity, but you pushed the limits. Marcus Ryu and our executive Management team. The people - everyone is someone I would buy lunch for and learn from. Hard work but we work together. And best of all, a REAL product that changes people's lives - our product helps insurance companies process claims in lightning speed - so those who hold policies are paid sooner, get back to their lives in record time, and get great customer service. This isn't vaporware. This is 100% about Customer Satisfaction.

Cons

Being a smaller company and covering 7+ time zones with 46% of our business outside the US - it is challenging. Incredibly challenging work - there is other company's expectations and pace, and then there is Guidewire's expectations. 150% use of your faculties all the time

All of our management works as hard or harder than we do, so I never feel like I am asked to do anything that is harder than their load. Keep up the great work. These are the 'good old days'.

There are newer employer reviews for Guidewire