Guidewire

www.guidewire.com

So happy I came here

Product Manager (Current Employee) Foster City, CA

ProsWhen I interviewed, more than one person referenced the company values (Collegiality, Rationality, Integrity) as a great part about working here. I thought it was a strange thing to mention - who actually takes those HR slides seriously? But they really do here. It wasn't a line. Basically, it boils down to be respectful, be honest, and listen to reason over seniority or politics. Surprisingly refreshing and transparent.

I've been here less than a year, and I already feel like an integral part of the team. I've gotten many more responsibilities than at my previous job, and I have a great manager who I trust. On the whole, I feel happy and motivated coming into work every day.

ConsWorking on insurance software is about as unglamorous as you can get, especially in a Silicon Valley world that is more excited about the next iPhone app than anything else. It can be hard to explain what to do, and some of the problems can be very challenging to wrap your head around (workers compensation, anyone)

Benefits are solid, but not amazing. If you like the idea of free perks like laundry service or free everything, this is not the place for you. Guidewire makes no secret of prioritizing their budget.

Some growing pains of a rapidly expanding, recently public company. There is an old guard who has a harder time with it especially. The upside is, of course, that it is successful and growing.

Advice to Senior ManagementHealth insurance could be better.

Guidewire is a company with a commitment to sustainable pace and not burning out its employees.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Guidewire full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Commitment to sustainable pace. Very smart people. Collaborative and collegial environment. The pattern of work is steady… Cons: Depending on the team you're on, you may not be exposed to bleeding edge technologies/languages/frameworks. Java is used… Advice to Senior Management: Continue the commitment to sustainable pace - it's one of the core attributes of Guidewire that… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Interesting place to work with good work life balance

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Foster City, CA

I have been working at Guidewire full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Employees are open to explore the areas that interest them. The organization structure is more flexible than most enterprise software companies. Collegial feel. People actually… Cons: The story about the company culture and organization structure is interesting, but if I just tell people that I work for a company that does… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Guidewire.

Worked for Guidewire? Contribute to the Community!