Guidewire

www.guidewire.com

High on Talent; Low on Bull$h!t

Current Employee - Development Manager  in  Foster City, CA
Current Employee - Development Manager in Foster City, CA

Pros

Everyone really does demonstrate the core values of integrity, rationality, and collegiality. Those who don't will not last long. Not many "politics" being played here.

Guidewire is well established to build and deliver a best in class product to a global industry that has traditionally been starved of innovation and which has a high barrier to entry.

The company continues to exhibit strong growth; in revenue, profits, and personnel. Positions and roles exist today which did not exist even a year ago. The recession has not inhibited the company's growth.

There is a flat hierarchy. Low emphasis on titles and a high emphasis on the value that you deliver.

Cons

The overall compensation package (salary, benefits, equity) is competitive, but you won't find luxurious perks such as a gourmet chef, tons of parties, a huge 401K match, daycare, or even free lunches. Conversely, you aren't expected to live at the office either. There is a flexible policy to maintain work / life balance.

Other reviews for Guidewire

I will be staying here for a long time

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Pros

I love the culture at Guidewire. The people are really nice here. I feel like I am working with some of the smartest people in Silicon Valley. Despite the work being cutting edge, the work-life balance is pretty good. You can work one day from home if you want. There is no micro management and you are kind of driving everything yourself. You can go to anyone to ask anything. The VP of engineering sits next to engineers on a similar desk. No cubicles, no offices. Everyone is treated the same.

Cons

The company is a little conservative with the perks. But the work-life balance compensates for that

Move to a better place where there are enough lunch places around.

Some thing like table tennis, or foosball is really needed. Moving to a bigger place might help

Amazing Place To Work With Talented People

Current Employee - Senior QA Engineer  in  Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior QA Engineer in Foster City, CA

Pros

Guidewire is a wonderful place to work where you feel like what you are doing counts and is making a difference in the product that goes out the door. You get to work with talented people that are friendly and smart. This is probably the first job where I don't feel like I have to put in many hours of overtime to get the my job done. I am able to maintain a good balance between work and my personal time.

Cons

People don't know about Guidewire unless they follow the stock market. And even then, they really don't know what the company does, they just know the name.

There are newer employer reviews for Guidewire.

Worked for Guidewire? Contribute to the Community!