Guidewire

www.guidewire.com

High on Talent; Low on Bull$h!t

Development Manager (Current Employee) Foster City, CA

ProsEveryone really does demonstrate the core values of integrity, rationality, and collegiality. Those who don't will not last long. Not many "politics" being played here.

Guidewire is well established to build and deliver a best in class product to a global industry that has traditionally been starved of innovation and which has a high barrier to entry.

The company continues to exhibit strong growth; in revenue, profits, and personnel. Positions and roles exist today which did not exist even a year ago. The recession has not inhibited the company's growth.

There is a flat hierarchy. Low emphasis on titles and a high emphasis on the value that you deliver.

ConsThe overall compensation package (salary, benefits, equity) is competitive, but you won't find luxurious perks such as a gourmet chef, tons of parties, a huge 401K match, daycare, or even free lunches. Conversely, you aren't expected to live at the office either. There is a flexible policy to maintain work / life balance.

I will be staying here for a long time

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Foster City, CA

I have been working at Guidewire full-time for more than a year

Pros: I love the culture at Guidewire. The people are really nice here. I feel like I am working with some of the smartest people in… Cons: The company is a little conservative with the perks. But… Advice to Senior Management: Move to a better place where there are enough lunch places around. Some thing like… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Company to work for....

G&A Employee (Current Employee) Foster City, CA

I have been working at Guidewire full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: *Great culture and values *CEO focused on company culture and values *Stable company with start up feel *Great Management/Leadership *Great People (Co-workers) This place has a great culture. When… Cons: *Starting to grow systems and infrastructure in the G&A areas. Not… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Guidewire.

Worked for Guidewire? Contribute to the Community!