Guidewire

www.guidewire.com

Shipping quality code at a sustainable pace

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Foster City, CA

ProsThe code you write ships. Priorities are stable, you know what you'll be working on tomorrow. Good planning and high quality reduce crunch time and fires. Strong product management team does a great job defining and prioritizing work.

ConsTwo-year release cycle. Not-invented-here syndrome. Decade-old libraries and frameworks. The lack of modern architecture makes it difficult for high-skilled engineers to apply their knowledge.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe sustainable pace of development and stable priorities are big assets, continue to protect them. Customers may not care about decade-old technology and a home-grown stack, but engineers like to maintain their marketability.

Very smart people working well together with a clear vision.

I have been working at Guidewire full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Very rational decision decision making about organization and product. Very friendly people who are generally able to provide helpful opinions and criticism with the… Cons: The worst part of my job is commuting to Foster City. It takes… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Amazing commitment to customer success without burning out employees.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Foster City, CA

I have been working at Guidewire full-time for more than a year

Pros: Smart and disciplined coworkers. Products that customers love. Minimal corporate politics. Plentiful social events. Great salary and… Cons: This is enterprise software for very conservative customers, so we have rather long release… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Guidewire.

Worked for Guidewire? Contribute to the Community!