Guidewire

www.guidewire.com
  www.guidewire.com
There are newer employer reviews for Guidewire

Very smart people working well together with a clear vision.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very rational decision decision making about organization and product. Very friendly people who are generally able to provide helpful opinions and criticism with the understanding we're on the same team working to the same goal. The management structure is relatively flat with enough coordination so the applications work well together and the company has a singular vision.

Cons

The worst part of my job is commuting to Foster City. It takes too long, is difficult traffic, and there's very few lunch options within walking distance.

326 Other Employee Reviews for Guidewire (View Most Recent)

Amazing commitment to customer success without burning out employees.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Smart and disciplined coworkers. Products that customers love. Minimal corporate politics. Plentiful social events. Great salary and benefits. And it turns out that insurance is a more interesting domain that I expected it to be.

Cons

This is enterprise software for very conservative customers, so we have rather long release cycles (2 years between InsuranceSuite 7 and 8) compared to other places I've worked.

Best company worked for, period!

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Extremely smart colleagues that are also always willing to help... just ask! Leadership thinks rationally and focuses on real use cases rather than someone's whims and fancies. At the same time, there is willingness to stretch limits of what enterprise software can do! You can literally feel that these folks have a passion to serve the P&C insurance industry!
    Work hours are flexible and working from home is okay, but working in office is so much fun I cannot think of working from home more than a day a week. Lots of freedom along with accountability. These folks take software quality very very seriously. There are code clean up days organized, and pair programming encouraged! Truly agile workplace. You are not only allowed but even encouraged to try out different roles and/or teams, rather than stagnate in the same role for years.

Cons

No free lunch like Google/Facebook. This would be a nice addition however this is not a deal breaker.

Keep the focus on rationality, but continue to be willing to re-define what "reasonable" means!

There are newer employer reviews for Guidewire