There are newer employer reviews for Guidewire

The management transparency is inspiring - I feel included, a real stakeholder.

Current Employee - Software Consultant in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Software Consultant in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The core principles of rationality, integrity and collegiality are more than principles - they are part of every decision, at least that is the express goal of management and employees alike.

Cons

Sometimes being a public company requires we make decisions that are less rational to those affected than they might be. We had a minor layoff and to the individuals it seemed harsh.

Advice to Management

Involve lower level management in key decisions that affect them, to the degree possible.

Other Employee Reviews for Guidewire

1. Still loving Guidewire after 5 years of working there

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

In 25 plus years of working in tech, I can honestly say this is the first company I've worked for where I know its core values (collegiality, rationality, integrity) and believe that management and staff alike abide by them. I know it sounds corny, but we are collegial to the max. You never hear anyone say "that's not my job." I also fully trust our executive team. Marcus, the CEO, is brilliant and definitely a leader with integrity. We've had some instances where a person in a manager role wasn't doing a great job. In most companies, that person would simply be let go. At Guidewire, I know of a couple of cases where former managers were invited to step into individual contributor roles instead of leaving the company. I really value this flexibility.

Cons

I can't think of many cons. Sometimes Guidewire is slow to let someone go who isn't doing his/her job well and is not a good fit for the company. On a minor note, I disapprove of our jury duty policy: we're given just 3 days reimbursement for jury duty. I feel this discourages employees from doing their civic duty.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing now!

2. Great company to work, stocks are always up, values it's employees!

Current Employee - Office Manager in Exton, PA
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Exton, PA

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent Company! Secure, competitive pay, great benefits, excellent values, cares about it's employees, upper management is approachable which is rare but so especially nice about this company!

Cons

I haven't found any cons yet as everything has been positive for me thus far. It has been a wonderful experience, the people are unusually great everywhere, all willing to help, answer questions, train, allowing room for advancement etc.

Advice to Management

I feel so blessed to have been provided the opportunity to become a Guidewire employee. Keep up the great work!