There are newer employer reviews for Guidewire

Best company worked for, period!

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extremely smart colleagues that are also always willing to help... just ask! Leadership thinks rationally and focuses on real use cases rather than someone's whims and fancies. At the same time, there is willingness to stretch limits of what enterprise software can do! You can literally feel that these folks have a passion to serve the P&C insurance industry!
Work hours are flexible and working from home is okay, but working in office is so much fun I cannot think of working from home more than a day a week. Lots of freedom along with accountability. These folks take software quality very very seriously. There are code clean up days organized, and pair programming encouraged! Truly agile workplace. You are not only allowed but even encouraged to try out different roles and/or teams, rather than stagnate in the same role for years.

Cons

No free lunch like Google/Facebook. This would be a nice addition however this is not a deal breaker.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on rationality, but continue to be willing to re-define what "reasonable" means!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Best job I've ever had.

Current Employee - Senior Curriculum Developer in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Curriculum Developer in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working on challenging projects, with interesting people, for a company that knows what it's doing and makes a profitable product. What's not to like?

Cons

There really isn't much downside. Sometimes I think management could give me a little bit more direction, but that's about it. Oh, and the toilet paper is neither absorbent, soft, nor strong, which is ridiculous.

Advice to Management

Expand the product line. We could make a bundle off health and life insurance.

Working with good people on difficult problems

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Guidewire has really good people with a culture of working together well. There's a lot of respect between different departments so as a developer you know that the product managers and project managers will work with you to solve problems, and will trust your judgement on technical issues and estimates. There's a big emphasis on getting work done without any politics. If problems come up the attitude is always how can we fix it and prevent it in the future, never who can we blame.

Cons

Guidewire has a lot of proprietary technology, which is a mixed blessing. It means you can work on technology you might not get to work on elsewhere but also means it's harder to use some of the newer tools