There are newer employer reviews for Guidewire

Best company worked for, period!

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Foster City, CA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Guidewire full-time for more than a year

Pros

Extremely smart colleagues that are also always willing to help... just ask! Leadership thinks rationally and focuses on real use cases rather than someone's whims and fancies. At the same time, there is willingness to stretch limits of what enterprise software can do! You can literally feel that these folks have a passion to serve the P&C insurance industry!
Work hours are flexible and working from home is okay, but working in office is so much fun I cannot think of working from home more than a day a week. Lots of freedom along with accountability. These folks take software quality very very seriously. There are code clean up days organized, and pair programming encouraged! Truly agile workplace. You are not only allowed but even encouraged to try out different roles and/or teams, rather than stagnate in the same role for years.

Cons

No free lunch like Google/Facebook. This would be a nice addition however this is not a deal breaker.

Keep the focus on rationality, but continue to be willing to re-define what "reasonable" means!

270 Other Employee Reviews for Guidewire (View Most Recent)

Best job I've ever had.

Current Employee - Senior Curriculum Developer  in  Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Curriculum Developer in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Guidewire full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working on challenging projects, with interesting people, for a company that knows what it's doing and makes a profitable product. What's not to like?

Cons

There really isn't much downside. Sometimes I think management could give me a little bit more direction, but that's about it. Oh, and the toilet paper is neither absorbent, soft, nor strong, which is ridiculous.

Expand the product line. We could make a bundle off health and life insurance.

Interesting, rewarding, and mentally challenging, solving difficult problems in a very supportive environment

Current Employee - Technical Writer  in  Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Writer in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Guidewire full-time

Pros

Smart people, good salary and benefits, fast-paced, lots of opportunity to see that something needs to be done and do it. Recognition for good work or good efforts. Pride in being a member of a market leader with satisfied customers and excellent prospects for the future.

Cons

No privacy (open seating), inadequate personal space.

Recognize that employees who spend 2000+ hours a year in the office need more than a 5 x 3 foot space to accommodate their work and perhaps a few personal items they might want to look at to remind them of their loved ones.

There are newer employer reviews for Guidewire

Worked for Guidewire? Contribute to the Community!