Guidewire

www.guidewire.com

Excellent Product, Employees and Company

Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsGuidewire is a financially solid software company that has taken on a tough market and performed very well. The culture is very "no nonsense" but the atmosphere is very collegial and there is not a sense of a strict hierarchy. The development organization is very innovative.

ConsThe marketing group at Guidewire is very traditional in their approach. The innovation that you see in development does not exist in marketing. That said, the group is talented and produces quality materials.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlthough a tight focus on results is important for a successful company, it is also important to make sure that employees are enthusiastic about their work. While I think this is understood by the execs in development, it is less so in other departments.

Great Place

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Guidewire

Pros: Guidewire is a pretty special place. Great technology, a lot of people who really care about building software that works, and a lot of… Cons: We do roll a lot of our own technologies. That can be bad if you want to add the latest J2EE acronyms to your… Advice to Senior Management: Good developers like to work at startups, where they can make bit contributions and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to work, but no professional growth!

Software Engineer (Former Employee) San Mateo, CA

I worked at Guidewire

Pros: Technology, people, WAH option and free food ... thats the… Cons: Downsides - Not much recognization of what an employee contributes… Advice to Senior Management: Way to go! More
There are newer reviews on Guidewire.

Worked for Guidewire? Contribute to the Community!