There are newer employer reviews for Guidewire

Great company to work at!

Current Employee - Alliance Manager
Current Employee - Alliance Manager

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Work life balance, career path's adapt to the companies growth, global company, core values of collegiality, integrity, and rationality are actually followed,

Cons

Many roles require travel, but many do not.

reviews filtered by

Best Company I've Ever Worked For!

Current Employee - Manager in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Guidewire has more than doubled the number of employees and revenues since I joined nearly 4 yrs ago and yet we have remained consistently focused on the P&C insurance industry, consistently focused on customer success, and consistent with our values. Obviously since we are a bigger organization with more products and teams, it is more complex than when we were a start up. The fact that we've gone public has not changed the way we work but has provided us with a financial incentive. All in all, the Product Development organization is very well run and I've learned a lot.

Cons

This isn't a high profile consumer application company like Facebook or Google so there isn't as much glamor, free food, or other over the top benefits. Product Development is probably not the best place for someone who expects to skyrocket to all new levels of authority and compensation in a short amount of time. You will have to earn your next position.

Continue what you've been doing. It appears to be working. Consider negotiating a corporate discount somewhere that really has an impact on people's lives.

Toxic company culture limits innovation and quashes open discourse

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are some great people here, some great teams and some genuinely are trying to do the very best for the customer and the company.

Cons

Company is suffering from growing pains and many of the original employees respond negatively to anything that is not "how Guidewire does it". There is a very strong class system mentality at this company, title means everything which is frustratingly exactly opposite of what they promote as their values. They hire senior, experienced people then expect junior work. Although hiring, there are so many people looking for new jobs and fleeing it's shocking. There is a reason.

Get expert leadership help to change HQ culture, set standards, and resolve significant IT and personnel issues.

There are newer employer reviews for Guidewire