Guidewire

www.guidewire.com
  www.guidewire.com
There are newer employer reviews for Guidewire

I never thought Property and Casualty insurance could be this fun!

Current Employee - Senior Implementation Consultant in Toronto, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Senior Implementation Consultant in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The relatively flat organizational structure really fosters a sense of community and openness. My colleagues are a bright and talented group that are a pleasure to work with.

Cons

The rapid growth of the organization in 2012 and 2013 was challenging. However, growth has leveled off to a more comfortable and manageable level in 2014. Also, tunneling through granite is never easy...but definitely rewarding.

I'm not sure if management needs my advice now or anytime in the foreseeable future. Let me see, we are considered an industry leader in the P&C domain, customers love our software and our employees, investors are confident in the stock,..so I have only accolades, not advice, to offer to management.

328 Other Employee Reviews for Guidewire (View Most Recent)

If you're good enough to get hired by Guidewire, you're good enough to get treated better elsewhere.

Current Employee - Solution Consultant in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The new office in Dublin is nice.
    Good equipment.
    People in Dublin are very relaxed, there is a nice office culture.

Cons

No opportunity to learn new skills.
    The work is boring and not very technical. You spend significant periods of time working on drag and drop UI elements, and trying to get about bugs in the product that won't let you do what the client wants you to do.
    You are using Guidewires own language GoSu so won't have the opportunity to improve your technical ability at all.
    Guidewire only cares about you getting more familiar with their products, not improving your technical skills.

The hiring standard is too high for the work you do.

The client can do no wrong, and consultants suffer.
    If you are in professional services you are in a non revenue generating department. You job is to make the customer as happy as possible. This can make your live very difficult as many Clients know that Guidewire will do anything to make them happy.
    This means lots of pressure from clients, bad client infrastructure and tools (services going down), bad developers on the client side, poor and changing requirements. And as most clients are based in different time zones, issues can result in large periods of wasted time, while you wait for the client to come online.
    This results in unpaid overtime to hit deadlines.
    Consultants get little to no support from management, as their bottom line is to keep the client happy in order to get positive feedback from them.

Pay is well below the market rate.
    And when this was brought up in the results of a internal survey, senior management dismissed it out of hand.

Promotions are given after an certain amount of time. And the pay increase due to promotion is very low.
    There is also only one time of year for promotions.

Guidewire in Dublin hires a lot of new graduates who don't know better and take advantage of them.

Start valuing your employees not just your customers opinions, until this happens people will continue to leave after 1-2 years.

Good place to work and the people diverse to say the least with a broad mix of talents

Current Employee - Solution Consultant in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Guidewire full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Allow to make decisions often

Cons

Ability to get time to improve technically

There are newer employer reviews for Guidewire