There are newer employer reviews for Guidewire

1 year in, still feeling good about my decision.

Current Employee - Integration Architect in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Integration Architect in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Guidewire

Pros

Unequivocally, it's the people. Everyone helps. All you have to do is ask.

Cons

In pro services, we travel. The travel is not all that bad for me. It's where you have to go when you work in the insurance industry. Think cold and gray winters in the northeast and the northern mid-west.

reviews filtered by

competent, fun and requires to develop skills as all rounder

I have been working at Guidewire

Pros

There is enough opporunity to complex technical problems to solve, good support from various teams while working on customer problems, good level of transparency for customer and management communication. Guidewire culture promotes competence with team work. Open with customers on product limitation and new features.

Cons

Company has more focus on technology driven changes than on increasing it's presence, customer is treated good for new features , but not so well on commitments for bugs.

please relook at middle managment structure and other teams other than dev and professional services. There is lot of contribution from other teams that goes un-noticed

Honest company with long-term focus and dedicated management

I have been working at Guidewire

Pros

Guidewire has been a very satisfying place to work. My co-workers are honest and highly competent; the company takes its promises to customers very seriously; and there is great collaboration between different company functions. There is also excellent communication overall, and the company strategy is straightforward. Work-life balance is up to you, with no face time mandated or expected. The best indicator of the company's quality is that there are so many people who have been with the company for years, including multiple people who left but came back after realizing how good it was.

Cons

The market is obscure; most people think insurance is boring. Compared to Facebook, maybe it is, but arguably it's better to serve a real need than pursue a fad.

Keep it up, especially the communication.

There are newer employer reviews for Guidewire