There are newer employer reviews for Guidewire

Guidewire - a Great Place to Work for Non-Engineers Too!

Current Employee - Guidewire Marketing in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Guidewire Marketing in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Guidewire

Pros

Guidewire employs great people, we build great enterprise software systems that solve real-world business problems. We have a strong management team and a focused corporate vision, and most importantly, we have lots of happy customers. It's a marketing person's dream.

Cons

If I had to pick a negative about working at Guidewire (and I do to get my comments to display at all), It's that hiring in some non-engineering areas has lagged a bit behind service demands. Good news is that there is lots of targeted hiring underway, in engineering and elsewhere.

Keep doing what you're doing - it's working.

303 Other Employee Reviews for Guidewire (View Most Recent)

competent, fun and requires to develop skills as all rounder

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Guidewire

Pros

There is enough opporunity to complex technical problems to solve, good support from various teams while working on customer problems, good level of transparency for customer and management communication. Guidewire culture promotes competence with team work. Open with customers on product limitation and new features.

Cons

Company has more focus on technology driven changes than on increasing it's presence, customer is treated good for new features , but not so well on commitments for bugs.

please relook at middle managment structure and other teams other than dev and professional services. There is lot of contribution from other teams that goes un-noticed

Exceptionally smart people with a rational approach to building insurance software

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Guidewire

Pros

Guidewire has some incredibly smart people on staff and the company has built some really great software. They listen to their customers about what the products are missing or could do better and iterate the products accordingly. Not a lot of bureaucracy - the basic principle is "treat this as if it were your own money". Your future is in your own hands at Guidewire - career growth and work/life balance.

Cons

The lack of structure (see the pro: your future is in your hands) can be a hindrance to some folks, the company needs to be able to recognize these folks and help them along.

The small company feel is rapidly dissipating but there is no real culture to replace it.

In Services, the Program Manager role could benefit from some formalized management training. Right now, we do not have consistency in approach across all the program mangers, as they are left to their own devices.

From listening to questions during company meetings and reading the reviews on this site, there seems to be a divergence in attitude between Dev and Services. We need to find ways to bring these two groups back together in spirit.

There are newer employer reviews for Guidewire