Guidewire

www.guidewire.com

Rewarding, interesting, and challenging opportunity to make valued contributions and a significant difference.

Current Employee - Senior Implementation Architect  in  San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Senior Implementation Architect in San Mateo, CA

Pros

Very high quality and competent people across the board. Senior leadership has formed a strong vision and led us contoinously towards it despiote majorr challenges. Flexibile while remaining focused, and very much walks the talk.

Cons

Hard to come up with any for myself. As we are very selective, it might be challenging for some people, even those having general experience, to be hired into our company. I don't see this as a downside per se.

Remain true to our ongoing commitment to excellence, even in the face of new pressures that come with being a highly successful company. Continue to serve our Customers as valued partners, and to treat people as the most important resource.

Other reviews for Guidewire

Open-minded, supportive and best place to work.

Current Employee - Senior QA Tester - Agile  in  San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Senior QA Tester - Agile in San Mateo, CA

Pros

There are 4 dev groups at HQ. So I cannot speak for everyone.
    However in PolicyCenter the managers are top notch and really know what they are doing. It is a pleasure to come to work each day and to go home every night. Everything is organized and efficient. The management listens to everyone, and everyone is approachable. People are really friendly and everyday there is joking and laughter in the office. Meanwhile, stuff gets done, and done well.
    Everyone treats each other with respect and understanding. There are a lot of families and parents with small children, and the company culture is very supportive of maintaining a healthy work/life balance. Everyone works one day from home, and the vacation policy is pretty good.
    Every employee is encouraged to voice their ideas or concerns. The manager are open to trying new tactics and tools. It's awesome!

Cons

The health benefits for families could be cheaper, but considering how well we are all paid, I can't complain too much. Also, if you elect to not receive health benefits, you get extra $200 added to your salary each month.

Keep up the great job!

Excellent place to work with smart colleagues

Current Employee - Development  in  San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Development in San Mateo, CA

Pros

- Smart and fun folks
    - Complex problems to solve
    - Customers love us
    - Adapting agile practices for enterprise software
    - Selling with integrity and product driven
    - Flat organizational structure despite consistent growth

Cons

Guidewire focuses on Property & Casualty Insurance core systems which we don't kid ourselves in thinking is the sexiest industry. However, there are real and sophisticated problems that we solve with our solutions and are used everyday by a large and global user base.

Keep up the good work and while the recent changes have been good, the execution is a little rushed (we're bigger than we used to be).

There are newer employer reviews for Guidewire.

Worked for Guidewire? Contribute to the Community!