Guidewire

www.guidewire.com
  www.guidewire.com
There are newer employer reviews for Guidewire

Rewarding, interesting, and challenging opportunity to make valued contributions and a significant difference.

Current Employee - Senior Implementation Architect in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Senior Implementation Architect in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Guidewire

Pros

Very high quality and competent people across the board. Senior leadership has formed a strong vision and led us contoinously towards it despiote majorr challenges. Flexibile while remaining focused, and very much walks the talk.

Cons

Hard to come up with any for myself. As we are very selective, it might be challenging for some people, even those having general experience, to be hired into our company. I don't see this as a downside per se.

Remain true to our ongoing commitment to excellence, even in the face of new pressures that come with being a highly successful company. Continue to serve our Customers as valued partners, and to treat people as the most important resource.

328 Other Employee Reviews for Guidewire (View Most Recent)

Open-minded, supportive and best place to work.

Current Employee - Senior QA Tester - Agile in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Senior QA Tester - Agile in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Guidewire

Pros

There are 4 dev groups at HQ. So I cannot speak for everyone.
    However in PolicyCenter the managers are top notch and really know what they are doing. It is a pleasure to come to work each day and to go home every night. Everything is organized and efficient. The management listens to everyone, and everyone is approachable. People are really friendly and everyday there is joking and laughter in the office. Meanwhile, stuff gets done, and done well.
    Everyone treats each other with respect and understanding. There are a lot of families and parents with small children, and the company culture is very supportive of maintaining a healthy work/life balance. Everyone works one day from home, and the vacation policy is pretty good.
    Every employee is encouraged to voice their ideas or concerns. The manager are open to trying new tactics and tools. It's awesome!

Cons

The health benefits for families could be cheaper, but considering how well we are all paid, I can't complain too much. Also, if you elect to not receive health benefits, you get extra $200 added to your salary each month.

Keep up the great job!

Smart colleagues, great collaboration, and a decent work/life balance

Current Employee - Almost Ideal Place in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Almost Ideal Place in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Guidewire

Pros

Work with smart and capable people.
    Great work/life balance - not expected to work long hours.
    Best collaborative environment in Silicon Valley.
    Steady growth.
    Rational decision making.

Cons

We've grown at a slow and steady pace, with increasing sales; need to make sure that as the company continues to grow that it does not become burdened with bureaucracy and hierarchy. As the company has grown more management levels have been added so the organization is not as flat as it was; this is probably inevitable but it needs to be kept under control.

Keep doing more of the same. This is a great company and, as we grow, try to keep our culture intact.

There are newer employer reviews for Guidewire