Guidewire

www.guidewire.com
  www.guidewire.com
There are newer employer reviews for Guidewire

Good people are leaving the company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Guidewire

Pros

The business is doing very well and the company has many satisfied customers. People care about their job and making real contribution to make Guidewire's products the best in the market. Coworkers are exceptionally friendly and willing to help each other.

Cons

In the past two years the company grew in very fast speed, the small company characters have disappeared. The organization is not flat anymore. The management has no training or vision. There is no management culture and principles. On the surface the company has core values but the values are not followed. The middle managements formed a alliance that has all the political posturing that you can see in a big company and the interview process is controlled by that group.

Listen to the employees and review the interview process.

328 Other Employee Reviews for Guidewire (View Most Recent)

Rewarding, interesting, and challenging opportunity to make valued contributions and a significant difference.

Current Employee - Senior Implementation Architect in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Implementation Architect in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Guidewire

Pros

Very high quality and competent people across the board. Senior leadership has formed a strong vision and led us contoinously towards it despiote majorr challenges. Flexibile while remaining focused, and very much walks the talk.

Cons

Hard to come up with any for myself. As we are very selective, it might be challenging for some people, even those having general experience, to be hired into our company. I don't see this as a downside per se.

Remain true to our ongoing commitment to excellence, even in the face of new pressures that come with being a highly successful company. Continue to serve our Customers as valued partners, and to treat people as the most important resource.

A very good software company working to become even better

Current Employee - Senior Test Engineer in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Test Engineer in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Guidewire

Pros

Bias towards distributing responsibility to individuals
    Rationally argued opinions are always respected
    Good work-life balance
    Unusually long planning horizons
    Willingness to learn from mistakes
    Company is successful, and very likely to be a great place to work into the foreseeable future

Cons

The desire to not grow too quickly and not lower standards comes at a cost -- we are understaffed in some key areas

Keep to the long term vision. We are on the right track.

There are newer employer reviews for Guidewire