Guitar Center
www.guitarcenter.com Westlake Village, CA 5000+ Employees

Great job to have for someone who loves music!

Associate (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

ProsI got to work around people who loved the same thing I did; music. It's a really chill atmosphere and your employer keeps it professional so you don't have to worry about things getting out of control.

ConsIf you're a girl working there, it's gonna be a little rough. Sometimes people will treat you like you're not as knowledgeable. And you should probably know that if you're not the ONLY girl there, then you're going to be one out of two girls, among probably 60 other employees. :/

Some good people, nightmare management

Upper Management (Former Employee)
    Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Guitar Center full-time for less than a year

Pros: a) Discount on musical instruments b) Discount on musical instruments c) See… Cons: Ground hog day everyday! 7:30am - miss target numbers, 4 hours of meetings, adjust strategy, work through lunch, … Advice to Senior Management: Come clean with Bain Capital and let them know what… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

They gave me a chance to thrive

Sales Training Manager (Former Employee)
    Commack, NY

I worked at Guitar Center full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: rapid advancement growing company best in the business Not afraid to evolve quickly Cons: promotions don't always mean more money very hard to be successful… Advice to Senior Management: keep doing what you are doing... been going in the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Guitar Center.

Worked for Guitar Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Guitar Center reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Guitar Center CEO Mike Pratt. All reviews posted anonymously by Guitar Center employees.