There are newer employer reviews for Guitar Center

Commission Sales

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Guitar Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You get to talk about gear all day and the atmosphere is generally relaxed. You can easily move up in the company if you are interested in doing so. They also offer "gig leave" which means you can leave to go on tour and you will have a job when you get back.

Cons

You are subject to the scheduling needs of the store. Sometimes you have to work nights.

Continue to focus on service-focused sales.

334 Other Employee Reviews for Guitar Center (View Most Recent)

Don't waste your time, trust me.

Former Employee - Department Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Department Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Guitar Center full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun times. Huge discounts. You decide how much money you want to put into used gear.

Cons

place is a joke, they ask to much for 8.25/hr. commission against fade is a joke. they're so far behind on technology. why do i have to print out pops (prices) when a company like whole foods, has electronic displays under each product with updated weekly prices? why do i, a department manager, and salesmen, have to clean the toilet, merchandise, sell, manage my department, clean, bring out new gear, pocket customers money when an item is serialized, use slow computers that slow down sales, email and call customers, even when they bought a pack of strings, asking them how they're $2 strings are working out for them. What? why would anyone do that? I can go on forever abou this place, and its terrible management team.

YOU GUYS ASK TOO MUCH FOR 8.25/HR. Terrible company.

Great learning experience

Former Employee - Sales Training Manager in Florence, KY
    Former Employee - Sales Training Manager in Florence, KY

I worked at Guitar Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

when I was on the sales floor I made great money, met a lot of people, and learned a lot about sales. There are great resources available to teach new sales associates how to sell.

Cons

Promotions and additional responsibilities dont necessarily guarantee a pay raise. Its all performance based

You will retain more quality associates when you pay store level management better than the sales staff.

There are newer employer reviews for Guitar Center