Gulf Coast Veterinary Specialists

www.gcvs.com
  www.gcvs.com
There are newer employer reviews for Gulf Coast Veterinary Specialists

Generally OK, but going in the wrong direction.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Gulf Coast Veterinary Specialists full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Competent co-workers, best pay you'll find as a veterinary support staff member, good hours, generally a positive environment.

Cons

- Very little room for advancement or increase in salary, poor communication between management & staff or between departments, constant IT problems, organization is becoming more corporate and money-driven with less concern for employees and client satisfaction.

- Definitely need to work on cooperation between departments.
- Consider annual salary increase to reward positive performance reviews.
- There is very little follow through with proposed major changes - if major changes are in the works, they need to be implemented and not just talked about.

5 Other Employee Reviews for Gulf Coast Veterinary Specialists (View Most Recent)

Rewarding and never boring!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Gulf Coast Veterinary Specialists full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

A fast paced work environment, with supportive co-workers and new challenges daily. I love that there is never the same day twice, and the ability all of the techs have to be able to work as a team. The busier it gets, the better everyone comes together. Much improved communication between management and employees, and the different departments are working well together.

Cons

Busy days are always busy days, and it can be stressful. Emotional investment in patients can take it's toll as well, but that would be the case at any veterinary hospital.

Continue to improve communication, make sure you recognize that your employees work hard!

I love my job!

Current Employee - Veterinary Technician in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Veterinary Technician in Houston, TX

I have been working at Gulf Coast Veterinary Specialists full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There have been some major positive internal changes recently that I really feel have greatly benefited ALL departments. I can honestly say that I look forward to coming to work each day. It is very unique that all of these departments: Surgery & Orthopedics, Internal Medicine, Oncology, Critical Care, Dentistry & Oral Surgery, Dermatology & Allergy, Avian & Exotics, Diagnostic Imaging, Ophthalmology, Cardiology, Sports Medicine, Rehabilitation & Fitness, Nutrition and Acupuncture are all under one roof. Patients can be easily transferred between departments if needed, which truly makes in seem like a human hospital.

Employees also receive a nice benefits package. Great insurance.

Cons

This is a very fast-paced work environment and can be high-stress at times. You must be organized and able to multi-task. If you are used to working in a high-energy, fast-paced environment this may be a good fit for you. If not, I would recommend considering other employment opportunities.

I would love to see more free food!

There are newer employer reviews for Gulf Coast Veterinary Specialists