Gulfstream Aerospace

www.gulfstream.com

Great product, Stable job, Decent pay, Caring Employer - Overall a great Manufacturing Company

Manufacturing Engineer II (Current Employee) Savannah, GA

ProsPros are the product is best in class, so everyone is proud to be a part of it. The way they structure the business, they dot get affected much by economy swings which means mostly everyone has job stability. The pay is not the greatest, but its pretty standard considering it is manufacturing. Management in most areas genuinely care about employees personal and professional well being and constantly encourage employee learning and development. Timings within manufacturing are 4 x 10 work-weeks which is pretty hard during the weekdays, but you get 3 days of weekend off to recharge, so its not so bad after all. People are great to work with. Also upper management is very knowledgeable and promotions for most part are given to qualified candidates only. So in summary, I would day a really good manufacturing company to work for.

ConsCons I would say are pretty much the same you find everywhere in American Manufacturing. Legacy systems, old practices which are hard to change, focus on lean without understanding lean completely, vertically oriented functioning with silo mentalities. A lot of focus and energy is spent on fire-fighting issues rather than fixing the process which is at the root of the issue. Also Savannah is a decent city, with some good beaches nearby, but its not the greatest place to be on earth. Also employees can use a bit more vacation time off.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand lean before trying to implement it. Migrate from a vertically oriented organization to a more horizontal functioning. Fix processes instead of issues. Empower the workers to play a much more active role in any improvement initiatives because they are the ones who touch the product hands on and have a wealth of knowledge. Also engineers/designers should spend more time working hands on with the product instead of just creating design models in offices.

One of the top employers in Aerospace business

Technician (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Gulfstream Aerospace

Pros: great for future resumes and good experience from tenured professionals that have been in… Cons: aerospace industry is shakey, without tenure and invaluability expect to… Advice to Senior Management: Leadership from the top is honest Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Nothing fancy about it

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Savannah, GA

I worked at Gulfstream Aerospace

Pros: At least I got between 80% and 105% of market… Cons: Not the most advanced aircraft or systems, but careful to… Advice to Senior Management: Too many employees working on a "Widget with Wings". No… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Gulfstream Aerospace.

Worked for Gulfstream Aerospace? Contribute to the Community!