Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center

www.gundluth.org
  www.gundluth.org
There are newer employer reviews for Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center

I worked there for 20 years and lost my job. Worst department in Gundersen...Transcription

Former Employee - Medical Transcriptionist in Onalaska, WI
Former Employee - Medical Transcriptionist in Onalaska, WI

I worked at Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Pay was great. Benefits were okay, getting less and less as the years went on. Early on in my career there it was great! Fun staff to work with and very flexible.

Cons

The transcription department specifically at Gundersen Lutheran was very inflexible and treated us a factory workers instead of educated individuals work with confidential and important medical information. It was production, production, production and no care for quality. No other department within that system works this way. They have now eliminated most of the transcriptionists and are outsourcing their work to a transcription company. All very money oriented.

Very poor running of a very important department. I know the quality is gone now from that aspect of the clinic and as a patient I would be worried about what is actually going into my medical record.

14 Other Employee Reviews for Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center (View Most Recent)

Managers perceive to be fair with limited resources. Politics overshadow results.

I have been working at Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center

Pros

Employee work hard for one goal: patient care. To be successful an employees must give themselves to the organization and forget about their life work balance.

Cons

Due healthcare reform, benefits will be limited therefore healthcare will have a hard time finding the best talent.

Be more open to hiring other managers other then nurses.

Its not its all hyped up to be

I have been working at Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center

Pros

That you are employed and have an income thats about all I can think of at this point in time

Cons

Greed is rearing its ugly head. They are always emphasizing the importance of the patients but they dont stop and think the employees are a big percentage of their patients

There are newer employer reviews for Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center