Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center
www.gundluth.org La Crosse, WI 1000 to 5000 Employees

I worked there for 20 years and lost my job. Worst department in Gundersen...Transcription

Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee)
Onalaska, WI

I worked at Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center full-time for more than 10 years

ProsPay was great. Benefits were okay, getting less and less as the years went on. Early on in my career there it was great! Fun staff to work with and very flexible.

ConsThe transcription department specifically at Gundersen Lutheran was very inflexible and treated us a factory workers instead of educated individuals work with confidential and important medical information. It was production, production, production and no care for quality. No other department within that system works this way. They have now eliminated most of the transcriptionists and are outsourcing their work to a transcription company. All very money oriented.

Advice to Senior ManagementVery poor running of a very important department. I know the quality is gone now from that aspect of the clinic and as a patient I would be worried about what is actually going into my medical record.

Managers perceive to be fair with limited resources. Politics overshadow results.

La Crosse, WI

I have been working at Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center

Pros: Employee work hard for one goal: patient care. To be successful an employees… Cons: Due healthcare reform, benefits will be limited therefore healthcare will… Advice to Senior Management: Be more open to hiring other managers other then nurses. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Its not its all hyped up to be

La Crosse, WI

I have been working at Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center

Pros: That you are employed and have an income thats about… Cons: Greed is rearing its ugly head. They are always emphasizing the importance of the patients… Advice to Senior Management: Greed is rearing its ugly head. They are always emphasizing the importance of the patients… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center.

Worked for Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center CEO Jeff Thompson. All reviews posted anonymously by Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center employees.