Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center
www.gundluth.org La Crosse, WI 1000 to 5000 Employees

average care for average people, not-state-of-the-art

I have been working at Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center full-time for more than 5 years

Prosmany outlying clinics in areas that need medical care available
some excellent subspecialists and physical therapists
some people care

Conscan't get seen in some departments for 6 months (as new patient)
patient care when it is convenient for staff, and staff want it to stay this way
people in management positions want things to stay status quo, don't want to bring care up to date
communication is terrible both within and between departments

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the people in management that don't understand that care needs to be up to date and that lying can't be tolerated and is unprofessional.
Get rid of staff that are not interested in being true, real patient advocates. Too many older employees are coasting instead of working hard for the patient.
Figure out how to get departments who can't be bothered to see a new patient for 6 months up to speed so that patients are taken care of in a timely fashion. People can't wait that long.
If you really want to offer state-of-the-art care then find out what that really, really means outside of La Crosse and then do it, or don't advertise that you are right up there with the best.

I worked there for 20 years and lost my job. Worst department in Gundersen...Transcription

Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee)
Onalaska, WI

I worked at Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Pay was great. Benefits were okay, getting less and less as the years went on. … Cons: The transcription department specifically at Gundersen Lutheran was very inflexible and treated us a factory workers instead of educated individuals work with confidential and important… Advice to Senior Management: Very poor running of a very important department. I know the quality is gone now from that aspect… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Managers perceive to be fair with limited resources. Politics overshadow results.

La Crosse, WI

I have been working at Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center

Pros: Employee work hard for one goal: patient care. To be successful an employees… Cons: Due healthcare reform, benefits will be limited therefore healthcare will… Advice to Senior Management: Be more open to hiring other managers other then nurses. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center.

Worked for Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center CEO Jeff Thompson. All reviews posted anonymously by Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center employees.