Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center

There are newer employer reviews for Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center

Great place to work

Current Employee - Analyst in La Crosse, WI
Current Employee - Analyst in La Crosse, WI

I have been working at Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Team environment, pay is good, good benefits.

Cons

Sometimes there is a lack of communication amongst management downwards.

Keep lines of communication continually moving.

14 Other Employee Reviews for Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center (View Most Recent)

This is how health care should be managed.

Former Employee - Staff Physician in La Crosse, WI
    Former Employee - Staff Physician in La Crosse, WI

I worked at Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Strong commitment to evidence-based care, standardization of best practices, and teamwork. Competitive salaries with recognition of extra effort. Integrated health system with excellent implementation of EHR.

Cons

It's in western Wisconsin - there's not much in the way of culture here and the population is pretty homogenous. Some services, while needed (as there's nothing else for miles around) have low volume, making skills hard to keep up and staffing hard to manage.

Continue to listen to clinicians more than bean counters.

Being a good employee and serving for many years means absolutely nothing.

Current Employee - BUSINESS SERVICES--Revenue Cycle in Onalaska, WI
    Current Employee - BUSINESS SERVICES--Revenue Cycle in Onalaska, WI

Pros

Pay is ok. Benefits are ok but were better years ago. Supervisors are ok to really good. Management not so much. Great co-workers/team members. Patient care is of the highest importance. Recently I have been working with an awesome team with an awesome supervisor in a job I really like.

Cons

No matter how good your reviews are and no matter how many years you have dedicated to the organization, in the end you are just a number that can be replaced without a thought. They will take you from a position you like and move you into a place you hate because they can't fill it and without even asking for volunteers. This has happened to me 3 times and has just happened again. The higher ups don't really care if employees are happy in their positions or if the employee is even capable of doing a good job in that position they've moved them to,which to me is setting you up for failure. I would think an employer would want to put people into positions they like and are motivated to do well at., that's why people apply for certain positions in the first place. Right now they are taking away all of what my department does,dispersing it to other areas and making us into a completely different department with very different job duties and hours that none of us want. We all really loved what we were doing and now we all just hate coming to work. And if you can't do the hours or the work their answer is to bad, find a different job.

Let people work the jobs they want, are good at and applied for. They'll be a lot more productive and healthy.

There are newer employer reviews for Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center