Guthy-Renker Fulfilment Services
www.grfs.com Arden, NC

They paid me so well, because they knew how much crap they were going to give me.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Arden, NC

ProsBusiness setting, casual dress code, no heavy liftting, no out bound calls, pay was good, benefits were good, full time was guaranteed if wanted.

ConsManagement has no idea what is actually going on with their agents on the phone. They like to say they have one way of completing calls (Advocate II), but then they go back on it all the time.

They set up a new computer system for us to use and we had no professional training on it, only a 10 minute slide show of what to expect and then they expected us to know it perfectly. When something did go wrong with it (It was erasing customers information from the old system) we found out none of the managers knew how the system worked either.

You could never get a supervisor on the line (they actively avoided having to take supervisor calls, you could see them at their desks not answering) and all CSR felt like they were on their own at all times.

They would only set your schedule one week in advance as it would change every time and sometimes it would change and you would be wrote up for not being there on time, even though you cannot recheck your schedule until you are at work again.

If a customer threatened the BBB we were told to do anything the customer wanted to ensure they would not report us.

I was promised a promotion to be a 'platinum agent' where I would have a pay increase and a set schedule. This turned out to be Gurth Renker's warped logic of we only run the platinum series during business hours and that is the only time you get extra pay, otherwise you go back to your old salary and you don't have a set schedule, we're just going to make sure that you work sometime in those business hours (which was really hard since I worked the late 3rd shift).

At the end of my job with them they were giving us at least 45-50 hours and constantly pestered us to sign on for more because they never have enough people. They quit in sheer frustration and stress.

Really this job had all the makings of being awesome, but the people running it in Arden ran it into the ground. They lie all the time. They stress you out on purpose. They really don't care about you as a person at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease take a look at what's really going on at your Arden, NC location and make the changes necessary! You have great employees who are taking jobs with less pay just so they don't have to deal with your company anymore. What does that tell you?

Call center--Tough job, great coworkers

I have been working at Guthy-Renker Fulfilment Services for more than a year

Pros: Rapid advancement, flexible schedule, reasonable expectations, fair treatment if you're… Cons: Customers rarely call to say " Great job" so ther are a good number of irate callers. The marketing program sits badly with… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Customer Service Agent

Customer Care Agent (Current Employee)
    Arden, NC

I have been working at Guthy-Renker Fulfilment Services full-time for less than a year

Pros: The people I worked with on the floor were great, and the benefits… Cons: Within ten months of being at this company I noticed a constant change in… Advice to Senior Management: I would advise to listen to more of what your… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Guthy-Renker Fulfilment Services.

Worked for Guthy-Renker Fulfilment Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Guthy-Renker Fulfilment Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Guthy-Renker Fulfilment Services CEO Debbie Jones. All reviews posted anonymously by Guthy-Renker Fulfilment Services employees.