There are newer employer reviews for Guy Carpenter

Loved working at Guy Carpenter

I worked at Guy Carpenter full-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoyed working with professionals that believed in cooperation. Egos were in checked and a real sense of fairness was promoted. Training was offered and everyone was allowed to explore their potential.

Cons

Benefits were not fully acquired until you worked there 30 days. I was not happy not having coverage when I started working at Guy Carpenter.

A shorter period for benefit coverage for new employees will make the transition easier.

36 Other Employee Reviews for Guy Carpenter (View Most Recent)

Wheres all the Talent Gone?

Former Employee - Managing Director  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Managing Director in New York, NY

I worked at Guy Carpenter full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Large, visible franchise that always looks good on a resume

Cons

A very tiny minority are served by a large dis-enfranchised employee base. Its all about moving quickly enough to avoid responsibility. No sense of support or creative thinking. Move quickly enough or re-organize and no one can be held accountable. Getting by on historical, innovative view of Guy Carp, not the reality that over the past 10 years its become a slow growth, bureaucracy who size has caused it fall over on itself. Just look at the number of Vice Chairman or Heads of this or that, its nuts. The Best young and middle level talent doesn't remain for more than 2-3 years.

Try to think longer than the next market cycle or bonus period. The platform is there because of those who preceded you and that seems to have been forgotten. Ace, Xl, BRMA, claims made policies were all products of some very thoughtful, creative problem solving at Carpenter. Find a way to get that back, the answer isn't reorganization or realignment or the next earnings call. Near term investment in the best and the brightest who challenge the status quo will pay huge dividends internally and externally. As a recent departure the number of inquires from existing Guy Carp employees about a position is staggering.

not awesome

I worked at Guy Carpenter

Pros

good corporate salary, some good people

Cons

nepitism, some very bad apples (dishonest, incompetent etc) at all levels and all departments.

More transparency about business strategy would be welcome. Once we hired someone away from their previous job, only to fire them 3 months later because of a reduction in workforce. It would have been far more respectful to have a hiring freeze prior to layoffs.

There are newer employer reviews for Guy Carpenter

Worked for Guy Carpenter? Contribute to the Community!