Gwinnett County Schools
www.gwinnett.k12.ga.us Suwanee, GA 5000+ Employees

A lot of politics and documenting, but overall a good place to work.

Teacher (Current Employee)
Suwanee, GA

I have been working at Gwinnett County Schools full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat benefits and time off. Felt proud to be a part of Gwinnett County. Lots of opportunities to learn as a teacher and be a leader within the school.

ConsThere is so much documentation needed that it takes time away from preparation of student learning. Resources were slim to none this past year with the new implementation of the Common Core Curriculum. Felt they jumped in too soon before really being prepared. The new teacher evaluation is also a pain and a lot of it unnecessary. It took a lot of time away from grading, contacting parents, and lesson planning. Very large class sizes because of budget cuts.

Six hour days and full benefits

Bus Manager (Current Employee)
Lilburn, GA

I have been working at Gwinnett County Schools full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great kids-awesome teamwork among bus drivers-your child gets to ride… Cons: The hourly pay rate starts at $13 and is currently… Advice to Senior Management: Gwinnett county is the largest county in Georgia, please increase… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

She works hard for her money...

Teacher (Current Employee)
Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at Gwinnett County Schools full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Summers off, good benefits, weekends off Cons: Large class sizes, no pay increases, large amount of paperwork, high stress… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Gwinnett County Schools.

Worked for Gwinnett County Schools? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gwinnett County Schools reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Gwinnett County Schools CEO J. Alvin Wilbanks. All reviews posted anonymously by Gwinnett County Schools employees.