Great Second Job

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Buford, GA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Buford, GA

I worked at Gymboree part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great staff and even better customers. Enjoy the product and company standards

Cons

Can't mind cleaning up after kids. Lots of straightening and moving fast when moms need to get in and get out with kiddos.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to staff the store for the holidays. I don't mind the extra hours but not everyone can pick up the extra hours. Love the employee appreciation days and rewards.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Not as good as I hoped.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Gymboree part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Customers and their children. Love my DM and my SM.

Cons

"Newline is always a mess, were always playing catch up, you have to worry about an insane amount of tasking while making sure your showing every customer 3 items at least, sharing promotions, and telling them way to many things at the register. Come in and do the things that you want us to do in the finite amount of hours you want them done. Working at Gymboree is working in organized chaos." I agree with another reviewer.

The business model is outdated and not structured for success and it is wearing your employees out and that's why you have high turnover.To corporate everything it looks good on paper, but the reality is there is too much to do with not enough double coverage, payroll or time. And why is it that not even your AM know how to do a thing. They should know nearly everything your SMs know because of the high turnover. For a company who's been around so long, your stucture should be far more advanced than this. Having a realistic structure and following policy and procedures makes everything run smoother. I know the job I left did it this way and I could say it was awesome working there because of this reason. The operations are smoother there. Now that I'm with Gym, and I see soooo many company flaws it makes me regret that I left my last employer.

Advice to Management

Review and update your computer systems and install tracking software. Be realistic with the tasking your giving to us with our lack of payroll hours and manpower.

2. Exhausted

Current Employee - Store Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Gymboree full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love the team I've built, and love my customers.

Cons

As only salary person in store , sm is expected to work 6 out of the 9 hrs a day alone. And I could have lines of people and I theft is problem on one man coverage.

Advice to Management

Layering more hours could eliminate shrink loss, and service more customers as they leave the store unserviced!