Gymboree

www.gymboree.com
There are newer employer reviews for Gymboree

The hours were awful. I'd usually get about 5 hours a week because they'd call me and tell me not to come in.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Rochester, MN
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Rochester, MN

I worked at Gymboree part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Working with kids is always fun, and my coworkers were awesome. We always had a lot of fun at work, which is a huge plus. I just wish I had actually worked there a decent amount of hours each week.

Cons

I had terrible hours and I wasn't the only one, as most of my coworkers were in the same boat. There is also a lack of proper training in sales tactics, yet management is always pushing for more and more sales, even though most people don't want to spend an arm and a leg on clothes for their kids.

Training in how best to talk to customers about the products and how to drive more sales would be highly beneficial for sales associates, most of whom are young and inexperienced in sales positions like this one. Working in a mall is difficult, so training and practice in figuring out how to best serve customers in that environment is key.

377 Other Employee Reviews for Gymboree (View Most Recent)

I liked working at gymboree as a sales person, but working as a form of any type of manager is bad

Former Employee - Key Holder in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Key Holder in Chicago, IL

I worked at Gymboree part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

you can choose your schedule

Cons

No bonus, no PTO, nothing is good about this company

Good luck, they want you to live at gymboree

store manager

I worked at Gymboree full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

great product, cute clothing, fun for the kids..

Cons

no payroll... the standards that the company sets is out of control.... what they expect from managers is not even something that they can do, unless they live in the store. You are by yourself for hours and this is something that will be the down fall of this company...

listen to your store managers, not your dm's.. ask questions from your managers not the dm's... you may find alot of truth and not a dog and pony show...

There are newer employer reviews for Gymboree