Gymboree

www.gymboree.com
  www.gymboree.com
There are newer employer reviews for Gymboree

Comfortable work environment with great people

Former Employee - Product Development in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Product Development in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Gymboree as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

People are very nice, scheduling is very flexible, management is very open to suggestions and having conversations, and pay is on the higher end

Cons

Lots of cross-functional coordination makes things difficult sometimes, in general things have to touch many sets of hands for any process, hours can sometimes be a little long and not well regulated

Check-in with employees to make sure they're not feeling overwhelmed

346 Other Employee Reviews for Gymboree (View Most Recent)

Above average retailer

Current Employee - Store Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Gymboree full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The family friendly atmosphere is what makes our customers let us be a part of their family. I've seen families at their best moments (birth of first child) to the absolute worst (stillborn baby) and have celebrated and grieved with all of them. If you TRULY love children and connecting with other people but also have the retail bug, then this company is for you. That doesn't mean it's play time all the time though. It takes a lot of hard work and often on your own due to payroll constraints. As for growth, things are always changing so you never know what opportunity will land in your lap.

Cons

Payroll for sales floor coverage

Gymboree - part time

I have been working at Gymboree part-time

Pros

Its a great company, they have age appropriate clothing for kids in good quality

Cons

Working less than the required part-time position. Short amount of hours during a shift but they expect you to do everything (straightening, sizing, take out trash) after closing in about 30 mins to be out the door.

There are newer employer reviews for Gymboree