H E B
www.heb.com San Antonio, TX 5000+ Employees

Started Rude - Ended Worse

Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee)
San Antonio, TX

ProsOverall a great company. The stores are great with great products. A lot of great people. And the corporate facility is beautiful. Networking is everywhere.

ConsLacks career opportunities for individuals who do not pucker up. Design & Construction department allowed several employees to treat other department members badly. Leadership needs improvement. HR no help when you really need it.
In the stores - the bagging training needs to be brought back. Former family culture is slipping.

Advice to Senior ManagementActually use the because people matter surveys to improve the departments that score low. Make management accountable for issues they ignore. Note - High turnover in a small department means there is a major problem with management.

Great company to work for

Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee)
    San Antonio, TX

I have been working at H E B full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: -Great health benefits, company makes an effort to keep partners engaged in free healthy activities -Employee discount - 10% all own brand, seasonal discounts,… Cons: No major downsides at the moment, overall great company to… Advice to Senior Management: None at the moment, feedback is always considered and in many cases… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Demanding labor with little pay.

Bagger (Current Employee)
    Spring, TX

I have been working at H E B part-time for more than a year

Pros: The discount is nice to have Cons: Physical at times and fast paced Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on H E B.

Worked for H E B? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at H E B reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for H E B CEO Charles C. Butt. All reviews posted anonymously by H E B employees.