H E B
www.heb.com San Antonio, TX 5000+ Employees

Worked there, shopped there. Best work experience, best shopping experience.

Unit Director (Former Employee)
Kerrville, TX

I worked at H E B full-time for more than 10 years

ProsI was rewarded and recognized for my contributions to company success. I was given opportunities to add to my job skills. They recognized my potential, then gave me opportunities to be all I could be. I was always treated fairly. The glue that attracted and held me to H.E.B. was Charles Butt and his personal goal of wanting H.E.B. to be, not the largest grocery company in America, but the best grocery company in America.

ConsI felt the company lost something precious when H.E.B. shifted from being more customer driven to being more buyer driven. However, I recogized the necessity of the change. To their credit, it appears to me they recovered quickly and have a good balance between giving customers what they want, their procurement process and concern for the people who work for them.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemain union free at all costs. One of my sons works in a union environment. It doesn't work. There is no fair and equal treatment, no recognition for work well done and no pride in the organization.
(the block for last year employed doesn't give me the opportunity to correctly respond).

Great company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
San Antonio, TX

I worked at H E B full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: I loved working at HEB. I only left because I… Cons: Very difficult to advance into corporate. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Its what you make it

PCR (Current Employee)
Austin, TX

I have been working at H E B part-time for less than a year

Pros: Alot of coworkers you will see OFTEN Cons: some managers aren't as cool as others, Time & attendence… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on H E B.

Worked for H E B? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at H E B reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for H E B CEO Charles C. Butt. All reviews posted anonymously by H E B employees.