H E B

www.heb.com
There are newer employer reviews for H E B

awesome

I worked at H E B full-time

Pros

good place to move up

Cons

work environment is kinda lousy

605 Other Employee Reviews for H E B (View Most Recent)

Good company overall

Current Employee - Cashier in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Cashier in Austin, TX

I have been working at H E B full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good people, plenty of opportunity to move up in the company. Good values, the company always there whenever there is a hurricane or a charity event.

Cons

The pay is so-so but still better than similar jobs. Pretty high turnaround as in any retail job.

Would be nice to have more bonuses/ promotions.

Worked there, shopped there. Best work experience, best shopping experience.

Former Employee - Unit Director in Kerrville, TX
    Former Employee - Unit Director in Kerrville, TX

I worked at H E B full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I was rewarded and recognized for my contributions to company success. I was given opportunities to add to my job skills. They recognized my potential, then gave me opportunities to be all I could be. I was always treated fairly. The glue that attracted and held me to H.E.B. was Charles Butt and his personal goal of wanting H.E.B. to be, not the largest grocery company in America, but the best grocery company in America.

Cons

I felt the company lost something precious when H.E.B. shifted from being more customer driven to being more buyer driven. However, I recogized the necessity of the change. To their credit, it appears to me they recovered quickly and have a good balance between giving customers what they want, their procurement process and concern for the people who work for them.

Remain union free at all costs. One of my sons works in a union environment. It doesn't work. There is no fair and equal treatment, no recognition for work well done and no pride in the organization.
    (the block for last year employed doesn't give me the opportunity to correctly respond).

There are newer employer reviews for H E B