H E B

www.heb.com

Great for what it is.

Produce Clerk (Former Employee)

ProsI mean, if you're not with corporate, this is a grocery job. It's not that hard to do, doesn't take any particular intelligence, and pays well for what it is (especially for a state as cheap as Texas). I actually felt respected in my entry-level position in produce which is often not the case with these kinds of jobs. The management wasn't bad, though there was a problem dog here or there nonetheless amongst the ranks, which I suppose is unavoidable. If you so choose, it's not a bad place to train and attempt to move up the ranks if that's your cup of tea.The company culture is generally dignified and agreeable.

ConsNot a whole lot, the problems I did have are honestly to be expected in the position I worked. I'm far more intelligent than the job I took requires, and thus I did sometimes wish for more autonomy, but hey, if I didn't have to leave for personal reasons that probably just means management should've been my endgame with the company. Otherwise, I suppose mainly at least in my location there was often a disconnect between department managers and administrative managers, but I suppose that wasn't really my problem and I never felt too impacted by it aside from the occasional dissenting orders from the two.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management might want to work on communicating better with itself, would probably make the operations a little more smooth.

Good pay for little hours

Checker (Current Employee) Houston, TX

I have been working at H E B part-time for more than a year

Pros: the money is very good. Cons: Management could ease up a bit. Advice to Senior Management: Care more about your employees Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A great place for career opportunities, benefits, and discounts.

Showtime Specialist (Current Employee) Round Rock, TX

I have been working at H E B full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great career opportunities, plus lots of benefits and discounts with other corporations.… Cons: Things can seem a bit unfair at times, but then again some… Advice to Senior Management: In order to get up in the career you have to show that your dedicated and work hard for it. You might also have to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on H E B.

Worked for H E B? Contribute to the Community!