H E B

There are newer employer reviews for H E B

Shelf Edge Specialist

Current Employee - Shelf Edge Specialist in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Shelf Edge Specialist in Houston, TX

I have been working at H E B full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company is a very big and hard to became manger.

Cons

Take time to became full -time

My manger is very fair in running the shelf edge.

697 Other Employee Reviews for H E B (View Most Recent)

Great for what it is.

Former Employee - Produce Clerk
    Former Employee - Produce Clerk

I worked at H E B part-time (more than a year)

Pros

I mean, if you're not with corporate, this is a grocery job. It's not that hard to do, doesn't take any particular intelligence, and pays well for what it is (especially for a state as cheap as Texas). I actually felt respected in my entry-level position in produce which is often not the case with these kinds of jobs. The management wasn't bad, though there was a problem dog here or there nonetheless amongst the ranks, which I suppose is unavoidable. If you so choose, it's not a bad place to train and attempt to move up the ranks if that's your cup of tea.The company culture is generally dignified and agreeable.

Cons

Not a whole lot, the problems I did have are honestly to be expected in the position I worked. I'm far more intelligent than the job I took requires, and thus I did sometimes wish for more autonomy, but hey, if I didn't have to leave for personal reasons that probably just means management should've been my endgame with the company. Otherwise, I suppose mainly at least in my location there was often a disconnect between department managers and administrative managers, but I suppose that wasn't really my problem and I never felt too impacted by it aside from the occasional dissenting orders from the two.

The management might want to work on communicating better with itself, would probably make the operations a little more smooth.

A great place for career opportunities, benefits, and discounts.

Current Employee - Showtime Specialist in Round Rock, TX
    Current Employee - Showtime Specialist in Round Rock, TX

I have been working at H E B full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great career opportunities, plus lots of benefits and discounts with other corporations. Also the insurance is really good and very worth it to work here.

Cons

Things can seem a bit unfair at times, but then again some times are really good. You gotta take the bad to get some good.

In order to get up in the career you have to show that your dedicated and work hard for it. You might also have to keep pushing to strive for what you are wanting. Also who you know at H-E-B can make a difference in your development. Never burn any bridges (connections)

There are newer employer reviews for H E B