H E B

There are newer employer reviews for H E B

Excellent

Former Employee - Cashier in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Cashier in Austin, TX

I worked at H E B full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Stable work, nice pay, really easy job. What I enjoyed most here was probably the discount I get from the produce and sometimes working night shift as a stocker

Cons

Not much, but sometimes we do get those nasty customers that just won't take no for an answer especially with an expired coupon for late seasonal sale

657 Other Employee Reviews for H E B (View Most Recent)

Cashier

Former Employee - Checker in Alamo, TX
    Former Employee - Checker in Alamo, TX

I worked at H E B part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pay is very good compared to other companies. Fun environment, hours are available for those who really want to work. Paid in direct deposit every Thursday.

Cons

Incompetent managers, stupid customers, not getting your break on time.

Pay more attention to your partners after all they're the ones that keep the customers coming back.

Great company and growth opportunities

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

I worked at H E B part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Loved the flexibility they afforded me while working there during college. I worked in three locations (Austin, Seguin and San Marcos) and met fantastic people and leadership along every stop. I was invited to join leadership training sessions and knew what was expected of me if I wanted to join HEB's Manager training program or leadership training program.

Cons

Pay is what you'd expect working in a grocery store. Not minimum wage, but not great either.

As with any retail or grocer, it's a mixed bag of employees. Working with non-motivated and underachieving people really made it a hard workplace to stay positive within.

Find new ways to motivate the underachievers. Reward and retain top talent. Don't be afraid to get rid of people who are making the workplace negative for your high-achievers.

There are newer employer reviews for H E B