H E B

Outstanding part time job

Current Employee - Perishables Representative in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Perishables Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at H E B

Pros

Overall, the job has been perfect for my situation. A part time job during high school and college, it has payed well and management has been exceedingly flexible in my schedules.

The pay is nothing to write home about, but roughly equals those waiting tables, without the uncertainty associated with "bad nights."

Perhaps the most important plus to HEB, however, is their future outlook. Amid a stagnant economy, HEB is booming and continues to grow sales, while competitors (namely Walmart) are posting their first losses in some time.

Cons

This is not a glamorous job, nor a glamorous company; its a grocery chain.

Additionally, if you're working in a store environment, the hectic pace and customer grievances can lead to a fair amount of stress.

Leadership is outstanding. Continual improvement in Partner resources (most recently PartnerNet) empower employees to take charge of their lives and careers, while providing senior management with a means to relay information to their team.

605 Other Employee Reviews for H E B (View Most Recent)

Great place to shop. Great place to work.

Current Employee - Checker in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Checker in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at H E B

Pros

The benefits are great. They work great with school schedules. Flexible hours. Room for advancement. I have full medical, dental, vison, life and accidental death insurance and a 401K.

Cons

Some of the management staff seems to be imcompetent or just don't care about the partners. Some play favorites with Partners. Not all, but some.

Reinstate the 4 hour bagging training class. This OJT style of bagging training is a joke. Because new partners are not being trained properly on bagging skills and customers get upset and I don't blame them.

Pay is great

Current Employee - BDM in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - BDM in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at H E B

Pros

management, pay, great office to work (arsenal)

Cons

you will have problems managing ur work life balance

make sure u follow the bold promise

There are newer employer reviews for H E B