H E B
www.heb.com San Antonio, TX 5000+ Employees

Outstanding part time job

Perishables Representative (Current Employee)
Austin, TX

I have been working at H E B

ProsOverall, the job has been perfect for my situation. A part time job during high school and college, it has payed well and management has been exceedingly flexible in my schedules.

The pay is nothing to write home about, but roughly equals those waiting tables, without the uncertainty associated with "bad nights."

Perhaps the most important plus to HEB, however, is their future outlook. Amid a stagnant economy, HEB is booming and continues to grow sales, while competitors (namely Walmart) are posting their first losses in some time.

ConsThis is not a glamorous job, nor a glamorous company; its a grocery chain.

Additionally, if you're working in a store environment, the hectic pace and customer grievances can lead to a fair amount of stress.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership is outstanding. Continual improvement in Partner resources (most recently PartnerNet) empower employees to take charge of their lives and careers, while providing senior management with a means to relay information to their team.

Good place to work

Cashier (Former Employee)
Leander, TX

I worked at H E B

Pros: clean, safe, friendly coworkers and managers Cons: low pay, not given enough hours Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to shop. Great place to work.

Checker (Current Employee)
San Antonio, TX

I have been working at H E B

Pros: The benefits are great. They work great with school schedules. Flexible hours. Room for… Cons: Some of the management staff seems to be imcompetent or just don't… Advice to Senior Management: Reinstate the 4 hour bagging training class. This OJT style of bagging training is a joke. Because new… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on H E B.

Worked for H E B? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at H E B reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for H E B CEO Charles C. Butt. All reviews posted anonymously by H E B employees.