H.I.G. Capital
www.higcapital.com Miami, FL 5000+ Employees

Opportunities and challenges that stem from the firms growth

Associate (Former Employee)
Miami, FL

I worked at H.I.G. Capital

ProsHIG has been growing rapidly over the past few years. The company has expanded into multiple new investment areas providing significant opportunity for growth and expansion. Although the company is not in a prime geography, they are able to attract strong team members from the top business schools, including many from HBS, Wharton, etc.

A key benefit of working for HIG is the opportunity to co-invest in their deals. Historically the funds have performed incredibly well and therefore have benefited those who invested. In some cases, the firm will provide a loan to enable an employee to invest more than they may have readily available.

ConsThe travel and work schedule can be grueling at times. With so many deals coming through the door there never seem to be enough bodies to handle the load. At times it can be challenging for the firm to retain younger candidates who do not have local ties to the region, especially when they are offered more compensation elsewhere.

As with any growing organization, there are challenges when building out the core team. Expanding into Hedge Funds, European Buyouts, Growth Equity, and other areas over the past three years has stretched the management. The small firm feel that once existed no longer pervades.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to grow aggressively, but take more actions to retain employees, including attempting to provide greater work/life balance, as well as increased pay.

A global PE fund

I have been working at H.I.G. Capital

Pros: Experience across a variety of sectors. This varied experience gives… Cons: The cons with the fund are similar to those of… More

investment professional

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at H.I.G. Capital

Pros: the people are interesting and intelligent. There is a… Cons: The hours can be long and if you don't like… More

There are newer reviews on H.I.G. Capital.

Worked for H.I.G. Capital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at H.I.G. Capital reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for H.I.G. Capital CEO Sami W. Mnaymneh. All reviews posted anonymously by H.I.G. Capital employees.