H.I.G. Capital

www.higcapital.com
There are newer employer reviews for H.I.G. Capital

Good Firm with Great People

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at H.I.G. Capital full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I am a current employee in the Accounting Department in the Miami office--which has about 40 people. I've been here for over two years and I've had a great experience. All of the people I've worked directly with at H.I.G. are professional, kind, hardworking, friendly, and considerate. I have been given the opportunity to further my career development by expanding into new areas and all of the people I have worked directly for have taken a sincere interest in helping me further develop my career. I have learned an incredible amount and I enjoy being at work. H.I.G. is also a fantastic place to build a network.

My yearly reviews have been very positive, very fair and constructive in regard to opportunities for improvement. I was given a better title within one year of being at the firm.

My experience, at least in the accounting department, has been that they will work with you if you need a little flexibility here and there with your hours, but I know each department has their different needs.

If I were doing it all over, I would accept this position again in a heartbeat, even if faced with attractive offers elsewhere.

Cons

My raises have kept up with consumer price index increases, but have not exceeded them by very much.

There is no short-term disability insurance offered, even if the employee would like to fully cover the cost. I am not aware of any compelling reason for why this should not be offered.

There is also an opportunity to improve information management. Information needs to be more centralized. A lot of time and productivity is lost trying to get information or documents from this team or that team. It seems like that to address this properly it would need to "come from the top" to get every team and department on board.

I deducted one star from my overall rating for these three items above.

Growth has been fast, which is great, but changes necessary to keep pace can be slow to come--see my information management comment above.

13 Other Employee Reviews for H.I.G. Capital (View Most Recent)

Horrible Place to work

I have been working at H.I.G. Capital full-time

Pros

Amazing Insurance Benefits Package with only a small contribution made by employees.

Cons

There are departments that treat their employees like animals. This would be the Finance, Accounting & Payroll Departments. These people are forced to work in an absolutely awful environment and management runs it like a dictatorship. It's awful when employees have to ask a Manager if they are in a good mood for them to be able to address any issues they may be having. I have never seen anything like it in the days of my life. The treatment these people endure is inhumane and no one should be exposed to something like this. Everyone should know that this company has NO HR Department and therefore you are unable to voice your concerns or issues to anyone. This place pretty much does whatever they want and no one can say anything about it, they also don't care if you have a family or problems, the work always comes first even if you have to pick up a sick kid or have a family emergency. When you approach management regarding the issues they play coy and pretend to care about what you have to say, but talk down to you as if you were a 2 year old.

See above & make the necessary corrections.

Terrible place to work

Current Employee - Associate in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Associate in Miami, FL

I have been working at H.I.G. Capital

Pros

Work life balance is decent

Cons

Too opportunity to get promoted
    Poor senior management
    Poor communication
    Lower comp vs peers
    Focused on raising more money rather than investing

Run the firm professionally