There are newer employer reviews for H&M

Busy fast pace, easy to grow once you are full-time

Current Employee - Sales Advisor - Full Time
Current Employee - Sales Advisor - Full Time

Pros

Benefits
Birthday is PTO
Supporting other stores around the country
Work goes by fast
Open about wearing anything you want
No drug screening / As long as it isn't in the work place policy

Cons

Overworked for pay
Management team is broken up into cliques and often hang out with other employees outside of work.
Regional is overly anal about small details such as shelves being spaced perfectly to h&m guidelines
Processing shipments in the morning
Management butted heads constantly on functions and usually would not give the chance for one to finish a task given by the opening or mid manager.

Keep it professional

586 Other Employee Reviews for H&M (View Most Recent)

Demotivating

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at H&M

Pros

Great discount
    My store are quite flexible with hours at short notice - i.e if you need to take a personal day
    Being able to wear your own clothes even if they were not purchased from H&M

Cons

Management are unprofessional and forgetful, broken promises, rota changes literally at last minute, resulting in staff turning up to work when they have given us 'a day off' and not notified us. Favoritism, more experienced members of staff given much more tasks as the 'easy option' and the new members of staff are left untrained and frustrated.

Remember and appreciate your other employees, not just the favourites. Take time to include new members of staff, and there wouldn't be such a high turnover.

It helped me grow into a management role

I have been working at H&M

Pros

You can grow very quickly if you are motivated to do so. They are very good at promoting from within.

Cons

Standard retail hours - no telling how late you will be there. Schedule can be extremely varied, but what can I say, I'm tired of retail.

It would be nice if there were enough managers to staff all the stores so we could use our vacation time.

There are newer employer reviews for H&M

Worked for H&M? Contribute to the Community!