It was ok

Former Employee - Part-time Sales Advisor in Woodbridge, NJ
Former Employee - Part-time Sales Advisor in Woodbridge, NJ

I worked at H&M

Pros

Friends you make....discount 25 percent off....know about sales before they happen so you have first dibbs on merchandise....music is good.

Cons

Management sucks...never move up. You are just given more responsibilities with no increase in pay. Management uses favoritism to move up. No one usually does move up. Raises are every year, but they only give you a couple cents for raise. My last raise was 45 cents (that was the highest anyone got).

Advice to Management

The favoritism must stop!

reviews filtered by

A great work environment

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Dearborn, MI
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Dearborn, MI

I worked at H&M

Pros

I felt that I was paid a great wage and the managers allowed me to express my creativity in the store. The people I worked with were a great team.

Cons

I did not like the replacement manager at the end. She did not know who to manage.

Fun and upbeat, constantly more excitement

Current Employee - Part-time Sales Advisor in Tigard, OR
    Current Employee - Part-time Sales Advisor in Tigard, OR

I have been working at H&M

Pros

Working at H&M is fun and you are constantly active, which I LOVE. Customers are of the younger generations. You get to have as many tattoos/peircings you'd like, which is great. Very close knit team... you all know about one another. Like a little family.

Cons

They (atleast mine) became very mad over me requesting a day off, or calling in sick. Rarely ever happened. But when it did, it wasn't understood at all. I mean, when you've got either food poisoning or the flu, you can't just go into work unless they're okay with you running to the bathroom every ten minutes. They didn't seem to understand that. They almost over-encourage "different" people, so you feel like a total odd ball if you don't look or act "different." They hire these people to the point that they aren't really looking for good employees... they just want to "look good." I wish they had an employee site as well... if I didn't work to be able to see my schedule, I'd have to physically drive 45 minutes to check it, or call somebody and hope they can stop what they're doing to be able to tell you days/times you're working.

Advice to Management

Be more understanding of your employees... Treat them all equally. Hire people who will actually dedicate themselves to customer service, and treat every customer special. It's hard in retail, but you can also hire the right people who adore serving the general public.