There are newer employer reviews for H&M

Best Retail Job!

Current Employee - Visual Merchandiser in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Visual Merchandiser in Washington, DC

I have been working at H&M full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Great pay
-Great benefits (Vacation, Wellness, Health, Vision, Dental)
-401k with great company match
-Opportunities to grow
-room for creativity

Cons

-the job can take over your life if you let it
-stressful at times

621 Other Employee Reviews for H&M (View Most Recent)

Working on 42nd & 5th was exciting. There was never a boring moment.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at H&M part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great people
    Busy days
    Not one day is the same

Cons

Commuting from Jersey was a pain

Everyone was really nice and my schedule was flexible around my school hours and my primary job.

What do you expect, it's retail.

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Advisor in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at H&M part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The other sales associates and most managers/supervisors are friendly and easy to get along with.
    Discount on items from H&M and Cheap Mondays, but only from in-store purchases.
    If you want to move up quick, or work on a position, management is willing to help with your goals.

Cons

Inconsistency with communication from Management.
    Raises are a tricky issue, as it is not always worth the time and energy spent working here.
    I've had an issue with getting my yearly performance review from 2011, which I finally got a month ago in 2012. Because of the lapse of timing in which it was written, the review did not accurately describe my performance from 2011, which also made a chance for a raise less likely to happen.
    I've been working for this company for over 2 years, and I still don't feel appreciated for all of the hard work that I do, nor have I gotten a raise (as stated, raises are tricky).

Basically, showing appreciation for all of your employees' hard work would benefit all of us. I would also suggest that Management not play favorites, this is the real world, not High School. I've been through at least 3 different cycles of Management at my store, and I've felt used and taken advantaged of just so managers and supervisors could get all the praise. Also, caring more about your employees' health and personal lives should be practiced more often. If I call out sick or say it's a personal reason, do not start prodding and asking why. It's disrespectful and against the law.

There are newer employer reviews for H&M