H&M

www.hm.com
  www.hm.com
There are newer employer reviews for H&M

Great company for Sales Advisors, they expect too much from management for the salary!

Former Employee - Department Supervisor in Portland, OR
Former Employee - Department Supervisor in Portland, OR

I worked at H&M full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Always something to do at work, never bored. You have the opportunity to gain multiple skill sets relavent to other industries outside of retail. Professional atmosphere for the most part! 6 paid holidays.

Cons

Corporate expectations are very high. Often unattainable. NO positive feedback! H&M seems to attract people who do not offer words of affirmation. Never enough time as a manager to take vacation time.

Communicate more effectively from the corporate level down. Trust your store management teams to make relavent business decision for their locations. I mean it's "Entreprenurial Spirit" right? Also look at your store reports over time for newly "comp" locations. It's hard to establish consistent customer base in a lot of markets.

662 Other Employee Reviews for H&M (View Most Recent)

Shady

Current Employee - Part-time Sales Advisor in Dearborn, MI
    Current Employee - Part-time Sales Advisor in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at H&M part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great clothes. Product is easy to sell. Customers are nice and enthusiastic.

Cons

Just found out that my coworker who has less seniority, less education, less experience, and is also MALE is getting paid more than me for absolutely NO reason. I make $9.22/hour and he makes $10/hour, and he was instructed to not tell anyone for fear that it would create a discrepancy among the workers.

Pay all employees equally and keep your full-time employees and your attitudes in check.

Roller Coaster

Former Employee - Part-time Sales Advisor in Culver City, CA
    Former Employee - Part-time Sales Advisor in Culver City, CA

I worked at H&M part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I loved the feeling going to work knowing there would be a challenge and that I was actually trained to handle it. I dabbled in customer service, merchandising, and receiving. Also compared to other retailers the pay is pretty fair. Couple that with the discount and the low prices and it's pretty easy to get comfortable. I also loved that as part time I got vacation hours which I cashed out when I quit.

Cons

As a lot of people state favoritism is definitely used here. I worked full time hours with part time status while others were given full time without putting in nearly as much work as me. They use promotions to get you to work harder. "If you help get the store to this standard we will have more time to develop you." It's honestly a load of bull.

Make sure the store level is actually giving promotions to people who deserve them.

There are newer employer reviews for H&M