H&M
www.hm.com Stockholm, Sweden 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great company for Sales Advisors, they expect too much from management for the salary!

Department Supervisor (Former Employee)
Portland, OR

ProsAlways something to do at work, never bored. You have the opportunity to gain multiple skill sets relavent to other industries outside of retail. Professional atmosphere for the most part! 6 paid holidays.

ConsCorporate expectations are very high. Often unattainable. NO positive feedback! H&M seems to attract people who do not offer words of affirmation. Never enough time as a manager to take vacation time.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate more effectively from the corporate level down. Trust your store management teams to make relavent business decision for their locations. I mean it's "Entreprenurial Spirit" right? Also look at your store reports over time for newly "comp" locations. It's hard to establish consistent customer base in a lot of markets.

Fun company to work for; difficult to believe in the product.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Boston, MA

I worked at H&M part-time for more than a year

Pros: Fun co-workers and management Accountability & responsibility Opportunities for growth Cons: Understaffing Low merchandising standards Product is trendy & fashionable but not high-quality Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great company that cares about its employees!!

Department Manager (Former Employee)
    Paramus, NJ

I worked at H&M full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: I loved working for them and learned so much about… Cons: Not in every mall in the usa. After four years… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on H&M.

Worked for H&M? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at H&M reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for H&M CEO Karl-Johan Persson. All reviews posted anonymously by H&M employees.