There are newer employer reviews for H&M

Roller Coaster

Former Employee - Part-time Sales Advisor in Culver City, CA
Former Employee - Part-time Sales Advisor in Culver City, CA

I worked at H&M part-time (more than a year)

Pros

I loved the feeling going to work knowing there would be a challenge and that I was actually trained to handle it. I dabbled in customer service, merchandising, and receiving. Also compared to other retailers the pay is pretty fair. Couple that with the discount and the low prices and it's pretty easy to get comfortable. I also loved that as part time I got vacation hours which I cashed out when I quit.

Cons

As a lot of people state favoritism is definitely used here. I worked full time hours with part time status while others were given full time without putting in nearly as much work as me. They use promotions to get you to work harder. "If you help get the store to this standard we will have more time to develop you." It's honestly a load of bull.

Make sure the store level is actually giving promotions to people who deserve them.

reviews filtered by
  1. O.k. to work for, business philosophies are mixed

Current Employee - Part-time Sales Advisor in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Part-time Sales Advisor in Boston, MA

I have been working at H&M part-time (more than a year)

Pros

25 % employee discount, Company is going green, donates money to communities/charities, rewards employees with bonuses if the store exceeds plan (by month), rewards hard work (varies to each store) with snacks/food.

Cons

Company believes in saving hours (payroll) by not scheduling enough floor coverage to help run the business appropriately as compared to other retailers; this is one of the philosophies of H&M and is better known as being "cost conscience". Sales Associates are expected to multi-task beyond normal expectations, for example: maintain fitting room, run garments back to the floor all the while ringing up customers on the register and provide customer service.....employees are usually left alone by themselves to do all of this with out any sort of help; can definitely be overwhelming at times. Customers perceive our frustrations as bad customer service, and they're right, it is when you can't find any sales associates to help you because they are usually stuck at the register ringing up other customers.

prioritize, time management can be improved

2. hmmm

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at H&M part-time (more than a year)

Pros

the discount there is fabulous. but other than that not much to love if you work there

Cons

where do I start. It is very demeanig work

get it together