H&M

www.hm.com
  www.hm.com
There are newer employer reviews for H&M

Different everday, very strict policies!

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Denver, CO

I have been working at H&M part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The discount is good at 25%! Depending on what department you work in, sometimes the work can get a bit repetitive. Running clothes from the fitting room for 8 hours is not the most fun. The people are great, and you make lots of friends.

Cons

H&M has VERY strict policies. For example, being late is never an option. And yes, clocking in one minute late is considered late. Get 6 of these and you are fired, no questions asked. Make sure you are responsible enough to actually be on time!

As many people have stated, there does seem to be favorites with management. This happens at any workplace, but it becomes obvious when certain people get more hours when everyone's hours are being cut. Just try to be more fair.

641 Other Employee Reviews for H&M (View Most Recent)

Avoid at ALL costs, dishonest stressful atmosphere

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at H&M part-time (more than an year)

Pros

25% Off Clothes
    Made a load of new friends

Cons

Unrealistic goals
    Understaffed
    Bitter management, rude, uncaring about personal issues
    Social life is cut off due to horrible hours

Management is dishonest, and they will create a cause to fire you and keep seasonal and new staff. I worked there for over a year no issues and came in one day 3 hours early only to be pulled aside, put in a room and verbally shouted at by 2 loss prevention employees accusing me of saving 4 old receipts (which they claim they found buried in a trash can, why they would be digging in a trash can I don;t know), stealing a managers code to open the register which is very much impossible and than stealing from the registers. How much money? 50 dollars? 100? 1000? No 14 dollars. I would never in my life take from that company. The LP guy claimed the store was filled with cameras and would I like to admit anything? The store had 0 cameras a when I said I'd love to see the footage of me trying to smuggle 14 dollars away I was refused and fired immediately. My advice would to avoid this store. That isn't a proper way to treat an employee. Besides that they are not flexible with school, so no sympathy when you are sick and when asked why I'm forced to stay till 2am and open the next day at 6am, their response is "too bad"

Show some compassion for those beneath you

A working student's view of the company circa 2008

Former Employee - Sales Associate in West Nyack, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in West Nyack, NY

I worked at H&M part-time (less than an year)

Pros

nice management/co-workers, great location with positive sales associates who were experienced and willing to train and mentor new employees. Nice break room

Cons

not understanding of employee needs- company values and policies need to provided to new employees in a better manor. I didn't enjoy not knowing crucial things.

understand employee needs better