There are newer employer reviews for H&M

It's Okay...It's a job, it pays bills.

Current Employee - Part-time Sales Advisor in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Part-time Sales Advisor in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at H&M part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Perks: Growing opportunities, & "appreciation" of employees by giving incentives.

Cons

Favortism-- I knew a few people that I work with who get more opportunity & attention because they are favored over others ("only the great ones go far"), Managers always use the excuse of "I don't have time to teach you" when you want more skills, People seem fake & I'm not saying that there aren't a few good people because there is but it feels like high school there, I feel like no one really cares about me & that I'm just the person that works there.

Advice to Management

Listen to your Sale Advisors, Stop the favortism, Stop being biased because others are like better.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great benefits in comparison to other major retailers

Current Employee - Part Time Sales Advisor in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Part Time Sales Advisor in Portland, OR

I have been working at H&M part-time (More than a year)

Pros

25% off employee discount ability to transfer nation/world wide holiday for part time and full time employees paid vacation time for PT and FT employees great healthcare benefits lenient about employee tattoos/clothing style etc. easy to move up if you have the drive and good management typically get more hours than other retailers give

Cons

harder than most retail jobs hours are long it can be really stressful high energy required ALL the time brown-nosers get ahead faster

2. A place to belong and feel supported

Current Employee - Department Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Department Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at H&M full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You can dress your style and personality. You are responsible for your own development. The sky is the limit. There are no restrictions on how long you have to be in a position to get promoted. Travel around the US and beyond for development training, expansion team opportunities and a feeling that H&M really is one big family.

Cons

There is no set schedule. Your work hours can change anytime.

Advice to Management

Stop keeping everything a secret when it comes to where people and moving and why. It creates rumors between the stores. It is very upsetting to those of us who are put somewhere until question mark. How unsettling in life to not even be sure where you will work in a month. It is rude and aggravating.