H&M

There are newer employer reviews for H&M

Drama, Favoritism. and unprofessionalism

Former Employee - Department Supervisor in Milwaukee, WI
Former Employee - Department Supervisor in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at H&M full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pay is good
Benefits are good

Cons

Favoritism
Racism
Drama
Competition from every level
Bad training
This European company has several different rules that are hard to get use to; they expect for you to know everything as soon as training is over. And in the real world we know this isn't realistic.
H&M pay is good but I would not recommend to anyone who is professional and wants a real job.
Everyone here is fighting for a promotion; and their straightforward approach isn't practical in a job setting.

Please update your policies when it comes to management and how they talk to employees.
Stop putting workers against each other for promotions (creates a hostile environment)
Learn to embrace diversity

663 Other Employee Reviews for H&M (View Most Recent)

Unorganized management staff

Former Employee - Full Time Sales Advisor
    Former Employee - Full Time Sales Advisor

I worked at H&M full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent pay for a retailer, and if you manage to get promoted or up to full time benefits are also very good. Also provides good experience and looks good on a resume.

Cons

Some of the worst time management and communication ive ever experienced. The managers constantly play favorites and give you unrealistic sales goals and float bonuses in your face that are almost always impossible to achieve. They dont care about your personal life or any other commitments outside of work, so if you want to work here, prepare to completely have every aspect of your life revolve around H&M. They expect no less of you.

Managers were often rarely on the floor and were very inconsistent with the breakdowns on the floor, most of the time having not enough coverage or just barely enough.

Many of my coworkers had very clear school schedules and were constantly being scheduled when they werent available. Also, if you plan on being a seasonal you get virtually no training and are practically thrown on the sales floor.

Also the values they implement on you are very good, but also are very rarely practiced by the upper management. Morale was also down the toilet pretty early on and almost all of my coworkers hated the environment.

Promote within the store and recognize the most efficient employees. Trust your seasoned employees, we know what we are doing. Micro managing is the WORST thing you could possibly do and it kills all the morale of the whole store. Lighten up and let us do our job.

You can grow with the company if you are a suck up.

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Advisor in San Diego, CA

I have been working at H&M part-time (more than an year)

Pros

coworkers are awesome, you'll make friends for life.
    you get a lot of hours during the busier months.
    pay is waaay better than some other retailers.

Cons

there are little to no hours during the slow months.
    favoritism
    time and attendance. I work truck hours and some times it is impossible to get to work on time every day.
    people who are managers, sometimes can not even manage.
    hiring a crap ton of seasonal workers and then hiring them permanently, knowing we do not have the hours.

show no favoritism towards managers or sales associates, we should all have an equal opportunity with the company. and give us hours that we can live off of!

There are newer employer reviews for H&M