H&M

www.hm.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for H&M

You can do well here if you really try

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in New York, NY
Current Employee - Sales Advisor in New York, NY

I have been working at H&M part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-There is lots of room to grow if you work hard.
-Good benefits if your store is in a union.
-Good discount

Cons

-Depends on who your coworkers are, but bad coworkers can ruin it for you.

Train everyone again if needed. Don't depend on one person more than the next, especially if they're in the same position. It isn't fair to stress out your good employees because your bad ones don't work hard enough.

727 Other Employee Reviews for H&M (View Most Recent)

Always busy, but not a bad experience.

Former Employee - Part-time Sales Advisor in Santa Barbara, CA
    Former Employee - Part-time Sales Advisor in Santa Barbara, CA

I worked at H&M part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The starting pay is a couple of dollars above minimum, which is rare to find in retail. Even the part-time sales advisors are given a lot of freedom and responsibility. I learned to not only do the busy work, but also merchandise and set the floor whenever we changed seasons or promotions. It was cool that I actually got to learn something, and not just be a retail slave. There is also a lot of flexibility to move up in the company and transfer to other cities/states.

Cons

The store is always busy, and the work is constant. The store holds its employees to pretty high standards, but there is usually some incentive to work your hardest. Also, as with any retail job, customers were a pain. The environment of this store was worse than other retail stores I've worked at because it has such cheap items that people throw stuff around like it's Marshall's, but it also has some higher-end designer clothes that draw in a more snobby crowd.

Overworked and Unnappreciated!

Current Employee - Part-time Sales Advisor
    Current Employee - Part-time Sales Advisor

I have been working at H&M part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The co-workers are always awesome
    The discount is pretty cool
    I always like the clothes

Cons

They play favorites to the point that it RIGHT IN YOUR FACE. This a company where you have to kiss the managers butts to get anywhere!
    They definitely hire/ promote the wrong people. People that do not know how to run or manage a business or its associates.
    H&M doesn't practice it's own values and works its associates to the bone with NO raises or praise.
    The customers are STUPID and very inconsiderate.

Do a better job managing and to District- HIRE BETTER MANAGERS. Care more about your associates that work their butts off and run 5 ponies and close a whole department plus help other close their department some praise. Associates seriously lack motivation, because we are not able to grow, and our hard work always goes unnoticed.

There are newer employer reviews for H&M