H&M

www.hm.com
  www.hm.com
There are newer employer reviews for H&M

Best retail experience, management could grow

Former Employee - Sales Associate
Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at H&M part-time

Pros

I was a part time sales associate at H&M and always looked forward going to work, mostly because of my co-workers. My managers were very engaged with their staff and wanted to give me the opportunity to learn. They were great at looking who was good at what, and according to that giving everybody's their tasks.

They were flexible about the work schedule and gave room to make mistakes. Very friendly environment to work in.

Cons

The customers leave the stores completely turned upside down. As with most retail jobs, there are some favorites and there is always gossip. Maybe that's just the case with women-oriented work places!

The thing that bothered me was that they promised me a number of hours per week that they couldn't give me, because there were less customers coming in due to the recession.

Be more careful about promises that are made!

663 Other Employee Reviews for H&M (View Most Recent)

Too much much work no pay!

I have been working at H&M

Pros

Amazing benefits, great company, guest designers, and laid back dress code.

Cons

As a visual merchandiser you work waaaaay too much and don't get paid crap. Not worth it!

Pay more and stop selling dreams!

Den of Corporate Theft and Liars

Former Employee - Sales Advisor in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Advisor in Rochester, NY

I worked at H&M part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Food in the backroom, some associates were cool.

Cons

Raises were never given to me. I was supposed to have been up to $10.50 by the time I left from a yearly raise and from an across the board company raise. Neither happened. My manager at the time was extremely sexist and kind of a pervert, he is no longer with the company. It's very cult like and a lot of the employees act like they haven't nor ever will, leave high school.

Don't give your entire workload to the associates, like my store did. We'd have to stay until midnight several days a week just to clean up while managment sat in the back doing nothing.

There are newer employer reviews for H&M