H&R Block

There are newer employer reviews for H&R Block

Corporate

Former Employee - Customer Service Professional in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Customer Service Professional in Boston, MA

I worked at H&R Block part-time (more than an year)

Pros

My experience was positive in that I had the chance to tell my manager what days I could work and my schedule was set for the entire time I worked there. There are also lots of online resources for help for employees to use the H&R Block-specific computer programs.

Cons

As a large corporation, H&R Block has a very rigid set of guidelines for practices for its employees. Often employees get caught up with meeting corporate standards and cannot successfully address the problems at hand. Also, it does attract a very wide swath of people and the staff certainly has characters no matter which location.

910 Other Employee Reviews for H&R Block (View Most Recent)

Tons of opportunities to advance!

Current Employee - Tax Advisor II in Woodinville, WA
    Current Employee - Tax Advisor II in Woodinville, WA

I have been working at H&R Block full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedules, excellent education available, tons of opportunities to advance your career, commission based pay, shopping discounts, 401(k).

Cons

Mostly seasonal, commission based pay- you can earn decent money with hard work- in time, constantly changing service delivery model, really poor medical and dental plan offered.

The company is working towards letting their store managers actually manage the stores. With the added responsibility, the company should seek feedback from the store employees and other managers in the district before completing the end of season review- a lot of managers who have a talented team are producing excellent numbers and don't manage anything.

Being a seasonal employee is not all it's cracked up to be....

Former Employee - Seasonal Support Specialist in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Seasonal Support Specialist in Kansas City, MO

I worked at H&R Block part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great co-workers, some benefits are nice (free to minimal cost tax preparation), downtown location in Kansas City.

Cons

Company benefits for a seasonal employee are not worth the money spent on them when they don't cover basics and end up costing more out of pocket than they cover.

Treat seasonal employees, who essentially keep the company running, better....between pay and benefits, it's not hard to see why so many good people leave after a while to go to a company that pays better and offers benefits that actually benefit the employee.

There are newer employer reviews for H&R Block