H&R Block

There are newer employer reviews for H&R Block

Client Services Professional

Current Employee - Client Services Professional in Missoula, MT
Current Employee - Client Services Professional in Missoula, MT

I have been working at H&R Block full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy working at the Block office in Missoula. The hours are flexible, the manager is great so if you need time off, no worries. Even the the office is 'business casual' it's very laid back and enjoyable. The job itself it fairly standard and easy: answering phones, scheduling appointments, greeting customers, helping client's with their questions, cleaning and stocking supplies when low. There's usually pseudo-clients who call in from headquarters to test the CSP telephone skills, and if you do well you an get a reward.

Cons

Some tax pros can be very shark like if they see a new client has come in and you gave them to someone else instead of giving it to them.

Keep up the good work.

1008 Other Employee Reviews for H&R Block (View Most Recent)

Ok For A Part-Time Job

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Decatur, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Decatur, GA

I worked at H&R Block part-time (less than a year)

Pros

My co-workers were nice, and the environment was pretty casual. The work wasn't too difficult. I really just checked the tax documents to make sure that they were in the correct order and that all papers were signed.

Cons

I worked in the filing room, and it was SO COLD. I've always hated the smell and taste of coffee, but I forced myself to drink it (full of cream and sugar) in order to stay warm.

A little bit more training would have been nice. The other CSC (kind of a jerk) laughed and corrected me when I didn't know the proper greeting when I answered the phone.

Treat and pay employees like fast food workers

I worked at H&R Block

Pros

Summers off, flexible schedule, short commute

Cons

The hiring process is awful. Everything is supposed to be email and if you don't get all of the emails for whatever reason you will be at a loss. No one calls you. If you need information about training or getting onto the website be prepared to call several different offices to be referred to a bunch of different people who have no answers for you. The training was a joke. What was supposed to be a trainer was someone who stood in the front of the room and complained about policy changes and extra workload. The tax professionals in my office had no right calling themselves professionals. They were completely ghetto, and I was actually embarrassed by the behaviors and comments I witnessed. You are on your own once you start. Don't expect any guidance, until you do something wrong. Then you'll hear about it like you were supposed to know. If H&R Block wants a reputation as a respectable, professional company, they need to pay for and hire quality people. If you have any class whatsoever, you can do much better and will not fit in here.

Increase pay and hiring standards. Most of the employees I came in contact with were completely unprofessional.

There are newer employer reviews for H&R Block